Subject: Question on Commonwealth Quest Card *SPOILERS* rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Dukelow
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
I don't have the card number in front of me, but hopefully with a description someone can answer my question.

Playing the commonwealth scenario you get to a staged quest card that instructs you to

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Encounter level 4 wastelands until you find the synths.
Then either save or kill the synths.
I'm confused because unless I missed it the card did not instruct me to add a card that would be drawn from one of the wasteland encounters. Also why would this only work on level 4? I'm afraid I missed something.

I was playing with some friends and we paused the game and will come back to it next week. I'm concerned that we will keep doing those encounters and never actually get to the part where we encounter synths.

Feel free to post spoilers for me, I don't have a problem with finding out what happens, I just want to make sure my friends and I aren't endlessly doing wasteland encounters hoping to run across something that isn't there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Day
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This card had me concerned as well. However, once you read the card added to the Wasteland Encounter deck, it will make sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hedgehobbit wrote:
This card had me concerned as well. However, once you read the card added to the Wasteland Encounter deck, it will make sense.

This should be a general rule. If a new quest doesn't seem to make sense, but you also added a card to an encounter deck at the same time, please assume that everything will make sense once you encounter that card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dukelow
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Ok, I'm pretty sure I forgot to add a card to the encounter deck.
I will double check that when I get home. Thanks everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.