BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Pillar of the community deported rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andre
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/08/middleeast/deportee-us-intl/i...

Here for almost 40 years, a respected businessman, a wife, 4 daughters (all U.S. citizens), and ICE deports the gent, under rather strange circumstances.

Is the guy officially illegal? Yes. Is he the type of person we want to willingly send back, to a country he barely knows? Most certainly not.

What should really be fixed here, is the ability to give people like this citizenship on the fast track, not have them 'check in' regularly, to see if it's time to deport them. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
50 bag "memo" drive-by man's got wood over this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
He's largely illegal because Immigration coerced his wife into signing a false statement that his marriage was fraudulent.

Fucking hell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott O'Brien
United States
Connellsville
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
He's largely illegal because Immigration coerced his wife into signing a false statement that his marriage was fraudulent.

Fucking hell.

No. He's illegal because multiple levels of the nation's courts, including immigration courts, federal appeals courts and the U.S. district court all have decided that Adi does not have a legal basis to remain in the US.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sao123 wrote:
windsagio wrote:

Fucking hell.

No. He's illegal because multiple levels of the nation's courts, including immigration courts, federal appeals courts and the U.S. district court all have decided that Adi does not have a legal basis to remain in the US.

Quote:

In the 1980s, Adi held a green card. But he lost his permanent resident status in the early 1990s, after moving to Brazil for three years with his wife. When he returned, Adi tried to apply for a new card, but was rejected.

Immigration officials accused him of having a sham marriage with his American ex-wife.

His ex-wife had signed a statement alleging marriage fraud. According to Adi, his lawyer and multiple media interviews with Adi's ex-wife, she was coerced into making the statement after immigration officials showed up at her door.

In 2007, she signed an affidavit retracting her statement and denying the marriage was fraudulent.

Despite the affidavit, he was unable to gain legal status. In 2009, he was issued with a deportation order.

Really should read the story. Saves the embarrassment of publicly showing you really don't care about facts. Must deport those brown folks as soon as possible. No matter that it hurts the him, the family, the country (because it has removed a productive member of society).

Hint: Javert was not the hero of Les Miserables
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well ex-spouses are never bitter so they can be trusted without any verification. I'm sure ICE did the right thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump & his kind "say" they want to deport the "bad Hombres" but they are hard to catch and besides, keeping them here then catching them then putting them into private prisons works way better financially than deporting them.

However, what is really happening (my opinion, of course) is that deporting contributing members of society, be they legit legal or not, is far easier to do and raises the stats to support their efforts of doing their job of deporting lazy aliens who are here to take our good jobs away (I know, right? But I have heard folks pretty much say that in one paragraph).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.