Popular Tags: [View All]
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Over in the 1-Player Guild forum, a member asked for recommendations for an NFL simulation type game to play with a few family members who are football nuts. Well of course, I offered-up Techno Bowl. (Of course).

Here's that post of mine: Re: Recommend a Good NFL Boardgame!

So if you drop down to the follow-on discussion, he expresses concern about the game's availability. Both Amazon and Funagain show it as "In Stock". Does anyone (and Brent, I guess this question is directed at you) know what the stock levels are?
I.e., will the game be available at both vendors for some time to come? Or are their stocks running low? Or (more likely) no one knows?

Thx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
First off, thanks for spreading the word Barry! It's much appreciated.

I'm not at home right now so I can't give you exact figures, but I can give you a pretty good ballpark estimate. I can also tell you that I've had a lot of sales over the past couple of months thanks to the playoffs and Super Bowl! I moved even more than I did for the holidays.

I have a single copy left at my Canadian fulfillment center [that number is exact]. I moved a surprisingly large number of units in the UK/EU/AUS, and there should be about only 20 units +/- remaining at the UK fulfillment center. For the US, I'm not sure what the final sales were post Super Bowl, but assuming things followed the trend from January leading up to the big game, there are probably around 100-120 units.

So, to speak to the poster's concern in the other thread, if his nephews love the game, they could get one, but they would have order through Funagain/Amazon and shipping wouldn't be Canada friendly. It would still be a bargain though.

That said, if someone's interested in the game, I would advise no waiting too long to pull the trigger. There's going to be a post-Super Bowl football void to fill, and I'm thinking there's going to be some steady sales over the next month or so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philippe Roth
Canada
Montréal
QUEBEC
flag msg tools
Hey there Brent !

If I got friends interested in the game around Montreal, what would be our best bet ? now that the last copy in the canadian fulfillement center is gone ... (and home ! thanks again !)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yolda wrote:
Hey there Brent !

If I got friends interested in the game around Montreal, what would be our best bet ? now that the last copy in the canadian fulfillement center is gone ... (and home ! thanks again !)

You're welcome! I would go with Funagain. If your friends do a group order, it'll give them a nice discount on the shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philippe Roth
Canada
Montréal
QUEBEC
flag msg tools
funagain is closing and I just checked, they don't seem to ship Canada...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yolda wrote:

Unless something has changed due to them closing, they do offer international shipping:
https://www.funagain.com/control/faq#iorders01

Let me know if that doesn't work, and we can figure something out. It looks like Amazon is out as well. I've sent some emails out, and I should have some updated stock levels by Monday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noway Jose
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
voodooink wrote:
Yolda wrote:

Unless something has changed due to them closing, they do offer international shipping:
https://www.funagain.com/control/faq#iorders01

Let me know if that doesn't work, and we can figure something out. It looks like Amazon is out as well. I've sent some emails out, and I should have some updated stock levels by Monday.

Yah main page says only shipping USA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Boze wrote:
Yah main page says only shipping USA

Yolda wrote:

Try to put the order through, and see if it gives you the option to ship to Canada at checkout. I think that it's only the clearance games at the flat shipping rate that are restricted to the United States. If not, have your friends contact me through my site, and I'll figure out out much it would be for me to get some shipped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.