Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am highly considering buying this game, but on the contingency I can add more players.

Both expansions portray 6 players as the base game has only 5. My question is, if you buy both expansions does it play 7? In the game Alien Frontiers, both expansions add 1 player, thus it goes from a 4 player game to 5 or 6 depending on owning both.

So does Dice Town add 1 player with each expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
DomaGB wrote:
I am highly considering buying this game, but on the contingency I can add more players.

Both expansions portray 6 players as the base game has only 5. My question is, if you buy both expansions does it play 7? In the game Alien Frontiers, both expansions add 1 player, thus it goes from a 4 player game to 5 or 6 depending on owning both.

No, both expansions bring it to 6. And the game really extends out with this many, effectively doubling the game length (each location is resolved twice now for 1st and 2nd place). I can't imagine adding even more players into the mix with the expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salman Qaisar
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sorry to go off-topic:
Is the revised edition available in English yet?
Regards, Sal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MATAGOT
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MATAGOT
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is available in English.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my gameā€¦ when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
DomaGB wrote:

Only Dice Town: Wild West adds the components needed to play with 6 players. Namely the extra dice and cup.

Dice Town: Cowboys doesn't have a dice and cup, but it does support 6 players if you have the above expansion. (It adds cards and cows that work with any number of players.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will's Mama
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We love Dice Town, but our usual play group has 7. I have the base and the expansion and ended up buying another set of poker dice on eBay. The seventh player has to use a cup from Roll for the Galaxy. The only change during set up was each player gets $7, the bank gets $3, the stage gets $1. I haven't noticed a big time difference between 6 and 7 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.