Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Boucher
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand the expansion helps to make solo playing possible. Will solo game be able to access to all contents including the base game and the upcoming expansion? Or is it just this expansion played on the core game board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DB
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Solo uses everything except for a couple of cards that don't make logical sense in a solo game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
barinthus wrote:
I understand the expansion helps to make solo playing possible. Will solo game be able to access to all contents including the base game and the upcoming expansion? Or is it just this expansion played on the core game board?

The new expansion is just going to add some new missions and ship powers. I don't see any reason why, overall, they wouldn't be able to be used in solo. Perhaps there might be a few specific cards that wouldn't work as well solo, but I think that will be the exception.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
barinthus wrote:

The new expansion is just going to add some new missions and ship powers. I don't see any reason why, overall, they wouldn't be able to be used in solo. Perhaps there might be a few specific cards that wouldn't work as well solo, but I think that will be the exception.

The new Missions and Powers expansion is designed by the same person who designed the Solo rules, so I'd be surprised if they're not all compatible with solo play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ira Fay
United States
New Haven
CT
flag msg tools
designer
:-)
badge
Fay Games logo
mbmbmbmbmb
All the cards in Missions and Powers will be fully compatible with solo play, and I think quite interesting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the Sellsword KS exclusive expansion add anything to the solo game? Can you add it as an additional NPC during solo play or would it have to substitute one of the current NPCs?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Logus Vile wrote:
Does the Sellsword KS exclusive expansion add anything to the solo game? Can you add it as an additional NPC during solo play or would it have to substitute one of the current NPCs?

There are rules for including the Sellsword in a solo game/campaign. It doesn't replace the other NPCs.

Plus, you could always use the Sellsword sculpt as your own ship, with it's own ship board. (Not sure if that comes with the sellsword itself or with the Embers expansion, though).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ira Fay
United States
New Haven
CT
flag msg tools
designer
:-)
badge
Fay Games logo
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
Logus Vile wrote:

There are rules for including the Sellsword in a solo game/campaign. It doesn't replace the other NPCs.

Plus, you could always use the Sellsword sculpt as your own ship, with it's own ship board. (Not sure if that comes with the sellsword itself or with the Embers expansion, though).
The Sellsword comes with the player mat as well.

The Sellsword is definitely usable and interesting in Solo. You can use it two ways: As an NPC that you can hire (very similar to standard NPC rules for Sellsword), or as a playable Tier 2 ship. That has a minor effect on campaign mode, which is interesting, since it adds an extra tier 2 ship into the mix, and of course it's generally an interesting ship with it's special blaster.

Some of the cards in the Missions and Powers expansion care about being adjacent to ships and/or improve blasters, so the Tier 2 Sellsword Ship (aka Void Wasp, aka Exodus) can be good too.

All that said, you definitely don't need the Sellsword, and can have a totally playable and fun game without it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.