Subject: Settlers Cards and Community Buildings rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Knight-Reigns
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have a question regarding completing a Settlers Card after a Community Building is complete.

Under the Completing a Settlers Card of the Rules of Conduct it states:
"Gain Victory Points from the Community Buildings on your land (if you have any)."

Later under the Buying and Placing Community Buildings it states:
"Community Buildings increase the value of your land and score extra Victory Points when you complete Settlers cards."

You score 5 victory points when you complete a Community Building. Afterwards when I complete another Settlers Card am I getting those 5 VP again?

There are 7 spots to house Settlers and 3 spots for Community Buildings. If I were to complete say two Settlers Cards to gain workers in order to then complete all three Community Buildings, for each Settler I complete afterwards would I then score an extra 15 VP for the 3 completed Community Buildings? This makes it possible to score 75 extra VP in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Quote:
You score 5 victory points when you complete a Community Building.

Yes.

Quote:
Afterwards when I complete another Settlers Card am I getting those 5 VP again?

No.

Victory points that are covered up by a building are awarded once upon being covered up. And if you sell that building, removing it and uncovering those VPs, you deduct them from your score again.

Quote:
If I were to complete say two Settlers Cards to gain workers in order to then complete all three Community Buildings, for each Settler I complete afterwards would I then score an extra 15 VP for the 3 completed Community Buildings?

No. You would score the normal VPs that you get from the settler cards based on the goods you put into it, +1 VP for each community building that is already built on your board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Knight-Reigns
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks Jason!

I swear I read through the Rules of Conduct twice and could not find an explanation for the scoring. Now after reading your reply and rechecking for the mention of the +1 VP for each completed Community Building when completing a Settlers Card, I clearly see it states it on page 23 under the Workshop tiles effects and on the last page under the Easily Overlooked Rules - Settlers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
If I had a dollar for the number of times that's happened to me, I'd be able to retire and play more board games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.