Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon H
United States
Orion Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only recently been playing more standalone scenarios. Quite a few signature weaknesses add trauma, and Hospital Debts reduces XP. This means that in standalone mode, they mostly amount to no more than a missed card (Smite the Wicked does spawn an enemy, too). Does anyone tweak these to make them a threat again?

The easiest thing would be to swap them with another basic weakness. But some other ideas:

- Trauma-dealing: while it's in play, the weakness counts as one damage/horror, as appropriate, on the investigator.

- Hospital Debts: all resources gained go directly to the weakness until it is paid off. The free action is still available as printed.
OR
Discard cards from your deck until at least two XP worth of player cards have been discarded

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Boardman
msg tools
I was thinking about this recently, although I haven’t tried anything yet. Other possibilities could be:

- Cover Up: make it forced rather than a reaction.

- Trauma-dealing: whenever you take damage/horror take one additional damage/horror
OR
Whenever damage/horror is placed on {investigator} take one additional direct damage/horror.

- Hospital Debts: lose two resources and shuffle Hospital Debts back into your deck.
OR
Discard assets from your play area until the total cost of the discarded cards is six or more. Discard Hospital Debts.

Also, William Yorrick’s signature event becomes weaker in standalone mode. Perhaps it could be similar to Monster Slayer:
- Bury Them Deep: Fast. Play after you deal damage to a non-Elite enemy. That enemy is defeated and added to the Victory Display (along with this card).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would just make it so that your character counts as being "defeated" if at the end of the game they have a weakness with a game end effect in play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Day
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Donkler wrote:
I would just make it so that your character counts as being "defeated" if at the end of the game they have a weakness with a game end effect in play.

The problem with this is that there are several of these weaknesses that take a minimum of 2 or 3 turns to clear regardless of the situation. This would force the players to stop trying to win the game if one of these cards shows up late in play.

I said a long time ago that I wished FFG would stop making these type of weaknesses. I find the ones that only affect the current game to be more thematic and less meta.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.