Josh Hagood
United States
Eureka
CA
flag msg tools
Oh... I made myself sad...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did some googling on whether greyboard is recyclable but couldn't find anything besides articles and info on how greyboard is made of recycled paper already. (Good for us, creating post-consumer product demand!) We live in a place that emphasizes recycling and sorting correctly, and our trash bin is half the size of our recycle bin so I'd like to know.

I know a lot of recycled products are not recyclable again, so now I' not sure. Has anyone heard either way?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I merrily add ours to our cardboard recycling collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stanton
England
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Over here the standard answer to "is x reccyclable?" is "Check with your local council". It varies quite a bit from area to area.
I've always put my punchboard & inserts into the recycling & haven't had any complaints
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been throwing mine in our recycle container for a decade. I haven't been arrested by the recycle police yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Dauphin
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools

I've not heard of any jurisdiction not accepting this kind of paper.
I think it's a pretty safe bet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"What do you mean, I can't pay in Meeples?"
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Paper is one of the most recyclable materials, along with aluminum. I'd see no reason why you couldn't put punchboards in the cardboard recycling box. I certainly do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It absolutely is recyclable. However, we mostly use it as construction kindling for our fire. It's nice an aerated, but strong enough to build up with
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Toc13 wrote:
Over here the standard answer to "is x reccyclable?" is "Check with your local council". It varies quite a bit from area to area.

Or sometimes "not currently recyclable" ("then why don't you use something that is?")

To answer the original question, I'm sure it is recyclable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Riley
United Kingdom
Woodford Green
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I compost mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Smith
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Recycle 99% of ours with the odd one making a useful camo stencil for airbrushing models or scenery.

EDIT so camo is cameo mr spellchecker . Coolio

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mason Rouser
United States
Johnstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In games with trays for components, I put the punched board under the tray to keep everything packed tight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Hagood
United States
Eureka
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrouser wrote:
In games with trays for components, I put the punched board under the tray to keep everything packed tight.

Ha! I was throwing away the Gloomhaven punchboard and TI4 punchboard when asking this question... TI4 barely fits back in the box, and Gloomhaven straight up doesn't. I had to take the tile map out of the game box and put it in it's own container or else the lid would sit half-way up the bottom of the box. So making anything more snug was not a goal this time.

Not a bad idea for most games though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
What's the deal with board games?
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joe_salamone wrote:
I've been throwing mine in our recycle container for a decade. I haven't been arrested by the recycle police yet.

Do you think that if it wasn't recyclable, someone would inform you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve C
United States
West
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stanstanminson wrote:
joe_salamone wrote:

See your avatar for my response.

(no, they probably wouldn't)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Hagood
United States
Eureka
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stanstanminson wrote:
joe_salamone wrote:

My local trash+recycle company puts alerts on their bills and newsletters with reminders like this, but I highly doubt there's enough heavy board gamers in the region to warrant a reply. They mention things like standard plastic bags being non-recyclable though, which is why I was wondering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When in doubt, recycle. Especially if you live in a single stream area. It provides someone a job to separate the recycle-ables
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Hagood
United States
Eureka
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dlikos wrote:
When in doubt, recycle. Especially if you live in a single stream area. It provides someone a job to separate the recycle-ables

Good point, I have been so I'll keep it up! I did just notice that our Recycling bill mentioned there was no need to sort our recycling even though it's a 2-section bin. So much wasted time sorting for the last year...

I always wondered how they sorted it in the truck. I guess the answer was... they don't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stanstanminson wrote:
joe_salamone wrote:

Here, if they spot something that shouldn't be in a bin, then you get a sticker warning notice put on the bin - so yes.

I've been recycling mine with paper/card for years...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.