Hide
13 Posts

Zombicide: Green Horde» Forums » Rules

Subject: Quest 0 tutorial rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Irandhal Lamarcus
msg tools
Hello, i just played the tutorial quest of green horde, and i and my friend have one question : spawn token green and blue can be remove by finding the green/blue objective token.
The only way to destroy the red token is to fire with the trebuchet (or kill a necro, remove the red token, but a new red token apear by returning the necro spawn token).
Here is my question: can we destroy the necromancer spawn token (on necromancer face) with the trebuchet ?
If the answer is no, there is 2 options :
1) Kill the necro, and remove the spawn token
2) Let the necro escape, return his spawn token on the red face, and finally detroy it with the trebuchet.

Is this correct ?

Sorry for my bad english, this is not my native langage

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Ocampo
Germany
Lemgo
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
This quest allows you to destroy all "Red" Spawn token.
It has to be free of zombices and deal at least 1 dmg (if you roll 6 dice, you'll kill more than 1 token in one zone).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Irandhal Lamarcus
msg tools
So a necromancer spawn on his necromancer face can't be destroy with the trebuchet, we have do kill the necromancer, or let him escape to destroy his spawn zone (return on the red face) with the trebuchet.

Thanks for the answer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thilo M.
Germany
Wiesbaden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want to add: the objective is to "destroy all 3 Spawn Zones (blue, green, and red)". In my opinion you don't have to destroy additional spawn zones from necromancers, you can just leave.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam Brennan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Eternally
badge
Deluded
mbmbmbmbmb
irandhal wrote:
The only way to destroy the red token is to fire with the trebuchet

Not sure I'm following you here...

There are three spawn tokens, red, blue and green. There are three objective tokens, one red, one green and one blue. Both the green and red objective tokens are placed face-down at random, meaning the player doesn't know which one is green and which one is red. You destroy the spawn zone simply by interacting with the objective. When you come to the face-down objective markers you flip it over, if it's green it destroys the green spawn zone, if it's red it destroys the red one.

Is there a reason you believe you need to use the trebuchet to destroy the red spawn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitri Gillis
msg tools
mbmb
In the book it only says the green and blue spawn disappear when taking the X.
For the red one it gives an explanation with the trebuchet so I also played having to destroy it witht the trebuchet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitris Chrysopoulos
Greece
Thessaloniki
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So yesterday we played the tutorial and it seemed quite easy for us to close the spawn point objectives...

We just killed the necromancer twice and closed the green and red objectives.

We couldn't find anywhere in the rulebook something to contradict this...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thilo M.
Germany
Wiesbaden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they forgot to say to ignore necros, they just don’t make sense in this tutorial. But it is only for learning the rules anyway not for a challenge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathon Thompson
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mb
mhtsos wrote:
So yesterday we played the tutorial and it seemed quite easy for us to close the spawn point objectives...

I think that you forgot that Necros spawn with a spawn point. After you kill a Necro, you remove one spawn point. If you don't remove the Necros, it becomes another permanent Red spawn point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitris Chrysopoulos
Greece
Thessaloniki
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jtpoke wrote:
mhtsos wrote:

I think that you forgot that Necros spawn with a spawn point. After you kill a Necro, you remove one spawn point. If you don't remove the Necros, it becomes another permanent Red spawn point.

No, we took that into consideration and selected to leave the Necro's spawn point intact and instead remove the objectives. The Quest specifically requests the SW red spawn point to be closed and not those left behind by the necromancers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Luvaas
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I'm not seeing where the quest specifically says its only the red spawn in sw corner. It says "prevent the invasion in the vacinity. To do so destroy all 3 spawn zones blue, green, red." if a necromancer spawn turns to red, then it stands to reason the invasion hasn't been prevented

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's just a tutorial. You don't have to take the objectives too seriously.

For maximum enjoyment, I would suggest you also add a house rule that the Nekro spawns are the only ones you can remove by killing a Necro.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stef L
Germany
Georgia
flag msg tools
Infectednite wrote:
I'm not seeing where the quest specifically says its only the red spawn in sw corner. It says "prevent the invasion in the vacinity. To do so destroy all 3 spawn zones blue, green, red." if a necromancer spawn turns to red, then it stands to reason the invasion hasn't been prevented

But otherwise it just say, that you have to destroy all three spawn zones. If they meant to destroy all spawn zones, they should had written, that you have to destroy all three spawn zones and every other, that appears on the game through a necromancer.

I think, you win the first quest by just destroying the three spawn zones from the very beginning and are allowed to ignore the other new spawn zones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.