Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Buckley
United Kingdom
Abingdon
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Dragon Pack is up as an add-on: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1816687860/planet-apoca...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Herrald
msg tools
$74 for 7 minis and a few cards and boards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buckley
United Kingdom
Abingdon
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Yes that's right, the figures are all only 2mm high and the cards and boards are just decoration and add nothing to the game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NZ Nick
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
hemulen wrote:

Yes that's right, the figures are all only 2mm high and the cards and boards are just decoration and add nothing to the game...

$74 for that? wow, expensive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buckley
United Kingdom
Abingdon
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, and the design of the game, and all the artwork and layout was all done for free as well...so obviously it should cost nothing to produce anything, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Herrald
msg tools
hemulen wrote:
Yes, and the design of the game, and all the artwork and layout was all done for free as well...so obviously it should cost nothing to produce anything, right?

Be as sarcastic as you want, it's expensive for what you get
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lyannah wrote:
$74 for 7 minis and a few cards and boards

5 massive figures, 2 human figures, 2 large maps, 2 hero sheets, 3 demon sheets, 2 lord sheets, 10 gift cards, 2 legion cards, and 26 trooper cards.

$74 is also the retail price. I wouldn't be surprised if some kind of discounting occurs later in the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Montgomery Mullen
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Arthur comments on the KS that there will be a discounted all-in pledge later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Stefanik
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This seems excessively priced to me. Especially since I'm in Canada, so that makes it closer to $90. I still lile the game and I'm backed at fiend level. But, after this enormous add on, I want to reduce my pledge. I'm newish to Kickstarter, if I back down to the 1 dollar pledge, well it still grant me access to the pledge manager?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, you'll still have access to the pledge manager. It's just that if you did decide to purchase a pledge through there, it wouldn't contribute to any momentum or stretch goals.

But if there is indeed an incoming discounted pledge, it might be worth considering that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, here's the quote from Arthur:
Arthur Petersen wrote:
by the end we'll have a super discounted "all-in" pledge level that offers something like 50% off of everything.
That said, it WILL be more than "Fiend Level" + "Dragon Pack" but not by a ton - but it will add TONS of stuff...you'll see.

That implies the discounted cost of the Dragon Pack will be somewhere around $37 USD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mendiola
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The price tag on the addon has given me a pause, but if there is an all-in later on, I might look into that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pietro Pomella
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BigScottS wrote:
This seems excessively priced to me. Especially since I'm in Canada, so that makes it closer to $90. I still lile the game and I'm backed at fiend level. But, after this enormous add on, I want to reduce my pledge. I'm newish to Kickstarter, if I back down to the 1 dollar pledge, well it still grant me access to the pledge manager?

I don't mean to be rude but why does the presence of a pricy add-on make you want to reduce your pledge? In general the better a campaign is doing, the more people are attracted, the more stuff is unlocked. If you are planning to raise your pledge in the pledge manager then why not raise during the campaign? Anyways, I'm just curious as to why the add-on made you reconsider the whole game, it'd be actually quite interesting to see if expensive add-ons end up pushing people away from a project (and I mean it genuinely, it's interesting to see what can trip you up when running a campaign).

Edit: I'm an idiot and didn't answer the actual question: yes you will be able to raise your pledge in the PM (unless they change their policy mid-campaign for their own reasons), but every backer,myself included, will beg you not to and instead contribute to the campaign momentum now I suppose
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marko Parviainen
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Why not stay in your current level for now and change your pledge to $1 in the last day? That way the campaign will move forward and the base pledge will get better by getting more SGs unlocked...

I guess I just don't understand all these $1 pledgers who want to "teach PG a lesson" and are hoping the KS wont get as many SGs as it could...

(Pledging $1 because one cannot afford to pledge more now is a different thing and I can understand that.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Earth Slug
msg tools
Pietro Pomella wrote:

I don't mean to be rude but why does the presence of a pricy add-on make you want to reduce your pledge?

A reason why pledge lowering:
I was in for 1$ and was in high doubt to go for the 194 fiend and shipping.

Now the amount has been raised to 268

No way I could walk that path and for all we know, even more addons could be made available.

Since I cannot go for the all in, I see no reason to go fiend as well because I wont have the full game anyway. Guess the first circle pledge is my new goal,IF i decide to pledge at all.

For me personally, the figures are just not worth the extra 70+
I d rather have cardboard ones and 120 dollar lower price.

Dont feel offended, I cut my Nemesis pledge by 100$ for the same reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Earth Slug
msg tools
ColHammer wrote:
Why not stay in your current level for now and change your pledge to $1 in the last day? That way the campaign will move forward and the base pledge will get better by getting more SGs unlocked...

I guess I just don't understand all these $1 pledgers who want to "teach PG a lesson" and are hoping the KS wont get as many SGs as it could...

(Pledging $1 because one cannot afford to pledge more now is a different thing and I can understand that.)

Simple explanation: I am in for 1$
The alternative would be 0$

KS allowed me to support the game without reward, that's what I did.

Pseudo SG unlocking is not a good thing.
If 1000 backers up the pledge to 5000, and last day retreat, do you think that would benefit the campaign?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marko Parviainen
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Earthslug wrote:
ColHammer wrote:

Simple explanation: I am in for 1$
The alternative would be 0$

KS allowed me to support the game without reward, that's what I did.

Pseudo SG unlocking is not a good thing.
If 1000 backers up the pledge to 5000, and last day retreat, do you think that would benefit the campaign?

I was talking about pledgers who came to the KS and declared that they were in the Fiend tier or whatever but will drop to $1 tier and raise back to bigger pledge in the PM because they feel that *right now* there is not enough incentive to stay in the bigger tier. Why not stay and see where the KS is going and make this decision in the last day. It costs nothing extra to do that, but helps in these early phase of the KS.
I'm not asking for anyone to pledge 5000. I'm asking them to pledge a realistic amount of money (base pledge or fiend tier pledge) IF they are actually contemplating on doing that pledge anyway. It is not pseudo SG unlocking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pietro Pomella
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Earthslug wrote:
Pietro Pomella wrote:

I don't mean to be rude but why does the presence of a pricy add-on make you want to reduce your pledge?

A reason why pledge lowering:
I was in for 1$ and was in high doubt to go for the 194 fiend and shipping.

Now the amount has been raised to 268

No way I could walk that path and for all we know, even more addons could be made available.

Since I cannot go for the all in, I see no reason to go fiend as well because I wont have the full game anyway. Guess the first circle pledge is my new goal,IF i decide to pledge at all.

For me personally, the figures are just not worth the extra 70+
I d rather have cardboard ones and 120 dollar lower price.

Dont feel offended, I cut my Nemesis pledge by 100$ for the same reason.

Fair enough, I don't personally feel the need to have all expansions and I'm confident that the core game+ stretches will feel complete, so I'm happy with that. I do see the point however that some people feel like they are not trying the complete experience if they don't go all in, I get that it's annoying. Once again, if you end up going for the base pledge I feel like you'll still get a complete game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buckley
United Kingdom
Abingdon
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lyannah wrote:
hemulen wrote:

Be as sarcastic as you want, it's expensive for what you get

Try to add some content to your posts then, rather than a drive by trolling. If you think it's expensive, why do you think that, what would be a better price, what's something you'd like to see? Otherwise it just smells of crapping on something for the sake of it I'm afraid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Stefanik
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Pietro Pomella wrote:
BigScottS wrote:

I don't mean to be rude but why does the presence of a pricy add-on make you want to reduce your pledge? In general the better a campaign is doing, the more people are attracted, the more stuff is unlocked. If you are planning to raise your pledge in the pledge manager then why not raise during the campaign? Anyways, I'm just curious as to why the add-on made you reconsider the whole game, it'd be actually quite interesting to see if expensive add-ons end up pushing people away from a project (and I mean it genuinely, it's interesting to see what can trip you up when running a campaign).

Edit: I'm an idiot and didn't answer the actual question: yes you will be able to raise your pledge in the PM (unless they change their policy mid-campaign for their own reasons), but every backer,myself included, will beg you not to and instead contribute to the campaign momentum now I suppose

To be honest, I'm not mini crazy, so the appeal of the minis don't catch me. I was really excited that there would be 6 maps in the game so you could play this game as a long "campaign" and assumed that the last 2 maps would be unlocked as stretch goals for the Fiend level pledge.

It's already the most I've paid for a game and it was uncomfortable at that level, but figured that with all the stretch goals, I'll be able to justify the expense. But now that it is more for the last two maps, my frugality says that it's too much.

I want to drop to a $1 pledge because I do like the game concept and want to stay informed as the game progresses. I feel that lowering my pledge early in the process makes more sense than keeping it high and dropping it at the last minute, or forgetting about it and getting charged for a game that you are no longer excited about.

Maybe this short-sightedness on my part, but it's how I feel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Earth Slug
msg tools
Yeh same here...

Cardboard monsters would have been fine for me.
(Legends of andor style)

The problem is, you can make the game look as fancy as you want.
But the cost <> gameplay must be in balance.
Still considering 159 pledge but that dragon is way too much
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If people aren't certain about their pledge level, it's better to underestimate now than overestimate. The stretch goals / extra add-ons / discount pledge-levels might either cement their decision to stay low (meaning the overall backing doesn't drop), or encourage them to stay high (meaning the overall backing spikes).

The worse thing is if people keep their pledges higher than their confidence, and then decide near the end that it's not for them, leading to an end-of-campaign plunge.

tl;dr: you do you, and hopefully the campaign near the end has become enticing enough to re-up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chase Norton
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
The Kickstarters... they don't STOP!
badge
Have you Seen it?
mbmbmbmbmb
Please remember everyone, the all-in pledge will come at a significant discount and is yet to be revealed. Most of this pricing discussion is probably moot.

That said, let's talk about the actual components!

I think the dragon expansion adds some pretty awesome stuff. Bernice is a very cool concept. A character that is designed to have that mega heroic, self sacrificing attack that ends her life. That is going to make for some awesome game moments.

Stroma is probably the most terrifying Lord yet. The team is guaranteed a loss. This may actually come as a relief for someone that might be fighting for survival in the first place after some big hits. Someone has to die anyways as a cost of battle, so getting a fresh character can at least be somewhat useful. I love how you have to put a character on her pool of blood or whatever that is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Merlo
Ecuador
Quito
Pichincha
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm all in for those dragon maps. The gameplay seems to be really different, and the story behind it is cool as well (I'm getting some serious 70's heavy metal vibes here!). Plus, seeing those maps in thick cardboard will sure blow some minds.

I love Stroma's design as well but it's the 4th circle demons that seal the deal for me, they are truly awesome! I agree $74 is a high price, but it seems worth it, even without the all-in discount. I was thinking on buying a second dice pack, but if you guys think there's a new add-on coming then I guess I'll hold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Enzan
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a pledge for all the demon minis to wait for some fanmade CW faction ideas? Sry, another co op game is just not on my wishlist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.