Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Rowe
United Kingdom
Spalding
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
In order to make time for writing I must give up working or gaming...
mbmbmbmbmb
When you spend an Action to leave an airlock or board a ship, does this count as part of your movement allowance? Presumably it doesn't: you can exit your ship, move across space, board another ship and still have some movement allowance left, right?

Similarly, if you spend an Action to boost your movement, does this grant you just +1 movement or does it grant you your entire movement allowance (of 2 space/nodes) to use again?

Related: if Jesse uses her power to gain 4 movement in space by spending an Action, is this in addition to her normal movement allowance?

And finally, when you exit a ship, can you appear on any adjacent node (as the rules imply)? I presume so, but since ray guns only shoot in the arc they face in I wonder if crew can only exit a ship in the arc the airlock faces...

Great game, BTW
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Rogers
United States
Thousand Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
deadmarlowe wrote:
When you spend an Action to leave an airlock or board a ship, does this count as part of your movement allowance? Presumably it doesn't: you can exit your ship, move across space, board another ship and still have some movement allowance left, right?

From the FAQ Thread here: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1883500/collected-faq

Airlock clarification:
Entering your own ship, or exiting an enemy ship, is free.
Leaving your own ship requires spending an Action Token.
Entering an enemy ship requires a successful attack roll.
Someone at the control panel can spend an action token to open all the airlocks, which immediately moves all figures (friendly and enemy) that are on airlock spaces out into space.

And I go into more detail about how actions work going from rocketship to rocketship here: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1885204/few-overlooked-rule...

Quote:
Just to be extra sure about order of operations, if Mr. Rogers says the following move is all legal, we'll know for certain:

I have five tokens and the figure in question is 2 spaces from an airlock space and adjacent to a blast marker. The airlock space is adjacent to my wounded Captain. My ship is adjacent to the enemy ship. On the enemy ship, there is an empty airlock space with an enemy crew member 2 spaces away and the enemy captain adjacent. My crew figure does the following:

1. spend token to remove blast marker
2. move 2 spaces to airlock (free)
3. spend token to Heal the Captain
4. spend token to open airlock, land on star adjacent to enemy ship
5. attack (free) to board (roll succeeds, now on enemy airlock space)
6. spend token to re-energize, make ranged attack on enemy crew two spaces away
7. spend token to re-energize and make melee attack on adjacent enemy captain

In this situation (with 5 action tokens) you would:

1. spend 1 action token to remove blast marker.
2. move miniature 2 spaces to airlock (free move action).
3. spend 1 action token to heal captain.
4. spend 1 action token to open airlock, get placed on a star node. adjacent to your own rocketship.
5. make attack action on adjacent enemy rocketship. Succeed.
6. place miniature into airlock of enemy rocketship.
7. spend 1 action token to re-energize that miniature.
8. make a ranged attack on enemy crew two spaces away.
9. spend 1 action token to re-energize same miniature.
10. make melee attack on adjacent captain.

Checking with your own list.... yes. That would be a valid (and exciting!) order of operations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Rogers
United States
Thousand Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
deadmarlowe wrote:
Similarly, if you spend an Action to boost your movement, does this grant you just +1 movement or does it grant you your entire movement allowance (of 2 space/nodes) to use again?

You don't spend action to boost movement.

Extra movement is gained for rocketships by having a crew on an engine. Extra movement for crew can be gained by spending an action token to re-energize that crew member and then using the move action to move up to two more spaces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Rogers
United States
Thousand Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
deadmarlowe wrote:
Related: if Jesse uses her power to gain 4 movement in space by spending an Action, is this in addition to her normal movement allowance?

No. Her movement becomes 4 rather than the normal 2 spaces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Rogers
United States
Thousand Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
deadmarlowe wrote:
And finally, when you exit a ship, can you appear on any adjacent node (as the rules imply)? I presume so, but since ray guns only shoot in the arc they face in I wonder if crew can only exit a ship in the arc the airlock faces...

You can exit an airlock to any star node adjacent to the rocketship you have just exited.

And don't worry about those rayguns, they can't hit crew members when they are on the star map (they are too small of targets!)

Quote:
Great game, BTW

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Rowe
United Kingdom
Spalding
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott Rogers wrote:
deadmarlowe wrote:

No. Her movement becomes 4 rather than the normal 2 spaces.

This confused me. By spending an Action any character can re-energise, right? So a normal ranger could move 2, re-energise for 1 Action then move another 2. What's the point of Jesse's power which lets her spend an Action to move 4 (in siace)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Rogers
United States
Thousand Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
deadmarlowe wrote:
[q="Scott Rogers"][q="deadmarlowe"]This confused me. By spending an Action any character can re-energise, right? So a normal ranger could move 2, re-energise for 1 Action then move another 2. What's the point of Jesse's power which lets her spend an Action to move 4 (in siace)?

The ability makes her movement four. She moves twice as far as any other character on the board. When you re-energize her, her movement is still four.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Rowe
United Kingdom
Spalding
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott Rogers wrote:
deadmarlowe wrote:
[q="Scott Rogers"][q="deadmarlowe"]This confused me. By spending an Action any character can re-energise, right? So a normal ranger could move 2, re-energise for 1 Action then move another 2. What's the point of Jesse's power which lets her spend an Action to move 4 (in siace)?

The ability makes her movement four. She moves twice as far as any other character on the board. When you re-energize her, her movement is still four.
I'm sorry, but please help me a bit more with this:

"Jetpack Hotshot: Player may spend 1 Action Token to move Jessie up to 4 spaces on the Star Map"

So you move Jessie 2, like any other character. If you spend an Action Token, you can move her 4 instead (in space).

Other characters move 2. If you spend an Action you can move them 2 again, which is moving 4.

So Jessie's power just lets her do what everybody else can do. (OK, by spending a further Action you could move her another 4, but is that it? is that the sole point of her power: to move 8 or 12 by spending 2 or 3 Actions?)

Related: if you activate Jessie's power to move 4 and she enters a ship after moving only 1, 2 or 3, does her movement stop, leaving her on the airlock space? Or can she continue her movement?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Rogers
United States
Thousand Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
deadmarlowe wrote:
"Jetpack Hotshot: Player may spend 1 Action Token to move Jessie up to 4 spaces on the Star Map"

Then this is a typo. The ability should read:

"Jetpack Hotshot: Player may move Jessie up to 4 spaces on the Star Map"

- which makes her base movement 4 spaces while she is on the star map - which is the intention of the rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Rowe
United Kingdom
Spalding
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott Rogers wrote:
deadmarlowe wrote:

Then this is a typo. The ability should read:

"Jetpack Hotshot: Player may move Jessie up to 4 spaces on the Star Map"

- which makes her base movement 4 spaces while she is on the star map - which is the intention of the rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.