Subject: Short Resting at the end of the round in which a scenario finished rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Henrique Bejgel
msg tools
mb
I had the following battle goal in a scenario:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Masochist (462): Your current hit point value must be equal to or less than 2 at the end of the scenario. (1)

We finished the scenario and I had 3 life total. Am I allowed to short rest and lose 1hp (due to changing my lost card) before the scenario truly ends?

I assume this is possible because the rules state to play until the end of the round and short rests are included in end of round procedures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fre kol
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
I’d say it’s within the letter of the rules. And as we’re talking about 1 perk tick - why not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sauro
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hbejgel wrote:
I assume this is possible because the rules state to play until the end of the round and short rests are included in end of round procedures.
This reasoning and conclusion are 100% correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael T.
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
frekol wrote:
I’d say it’s within the letter of the rules. And as we’re talking about 1 perk tick - why not?

Yup! Just smart playing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Fitzgerald
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
You can change your lost card?? How did I miss that rule
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrique Bejgel
msg tools
mb
Jamman39 wrote:
You can change your lost card?? How did I miss that rule

Yes you can, page 17 of the rulebook:

Quote:
Short rest: During the cleanup step of a round, a player can perform a short rest. This allows that player
to immediately shuffle his or her discard pile and randomly place one of the cards in the lost pile, then
return the rest of the discarded cards to his or her hand. If the player would like to instead keep the
card that was randomly lost, he or she can choose to suffer 1 damage and randomly lose a different
discarded card, but this can only be done once per rest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I admire your ingenuity

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Taylor
msg tools
mb
Nice! Thematically, you are punching yourself in the face to make your friends laugh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.