Subject: Enemy Defensive Activity Hierarchy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
rocky mount
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have a German HMG situated at long range that has hammered a pinned platoon and casualties into a retreat simultaneously taking out his own Sniper in an adjacent card. They are no longer in the Germans LOS. It is now time to check for enemy defensive activity hierarchy.

This HMG German is not on a US unit card. The first two conditions do not apply. He is not out of ammo. Condition three does not apply. He is not and has not been under fire but if he looked directly [south] of his position he would see a US squad approaching his adjacent card. So, I'm assuming condition 4 does not apply.

Condition 5 (Not under fire but has opened fire {placed a PDF}) might apply. The PDF the HMG used last turn was to decimate the afore mentioned Platoon and has not yet been used to threaten the encroaching squad.

None of the other conditions seem to apply. I think there is at least one condition that is not in this Hierarchy. It might read "Not under fire but does have LOS to a US unit." In which case the HMG would have an option to do several things but one would include placing a PDF on the "new" US unit.

Perhaps, condition 5 expects that the new PDF has already been established? or perhaps I'm just missing something. Still on my third run-through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If none of the conditions apply, the enemy does nothing. Does this answer your question?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rocky mount
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
yes. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Logs
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rockymount wrote:

Condition 5 (Not under fire but has opened fire {placed a PDF}) might apply. The PDF the HMG used last turn was to decimate the afore mentioned Platoon and has not yet been used to threaten the encroaching squad.

Does the HMG still have a PDF in play at this point? If so, then 5 would apply. If not, 5 doesn't apply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T N
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your HMG will likely be doing nothing or concentrating fire.

Irrespective of the enemy activity check the following rules would have been invoked:

9.4 states "enemy units will not continue to fire into a card where there are no longer any valid targets. In this case assume the enemy has received a cease fire order".

So as soon as the units that were receiving fire left LOS the HMG stopped firing. Remove VOF and PDF.

6.0 states "any non engaged enemy units will open fire on your friendly units as soon as your units become spotted in range of enemy Basic VOF"

So the HMG now opens up on the other targets in LOS, place PDF and VOF.

If the enemy is not in LOS no VOF will be placed and no PDF. The HMG will be automatically removed at the next activity check when it is checked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.