Martin Jeffreys
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
Which Glory reward did you first begin unlocking after Chapter 1?
Resource
Gold
3 VP
Peril
Capacity
Advancement Card
Persona
      181 answers
Poll created by Korhil_NZ

Poll
If you were to play a 2nd campaign, which reward would you unlock first?
Resource
Gold
3 VP
Peril
Capacity
Advancement Card
Persona
      141 answers
Poll created by Korhil_NZ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Jeffreys
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on the name alone, I started unlocking Peril after Chapter 1.
I wanted to mitigate something which sounded like an unknown negative effect.

Another of our 6 players also decided to start working towards Peril for the same rationale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Strand
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
MASK Crusaders... working overtime... fighting crime... fighting crime!!! Secret Raiders...
mbmbmbmbmb
Capacity is the way to go. You don't get capacity if you win a game, so this way, you would get one at the beginning of your next game. And 2 if you lose! Being able to keep more stuff from game-to-game is soo helpful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chapman
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
Oh, alright - except for Codenames
badge
No, this is NOT my bloody "fursona"
mbmbmbmbmb
dboyee wrote:
Capacity is the way to go. You don't get capacity if you win a game, so this way, you would get one at the beginning of your next game. And 2 if you lose! Being able to keep more stuff from game-to-game is soo helpful!

But if you get capacity early, you're wasting it unless you win every game thereafter. 12 games, 12 capacity slots. I timed it well enough that I only wasted one, maximising my capacity at the start of game 11 (which I won), but I won five times. If I hadn't waited until game 5 to finish it off I would have lost quite a bit more of the benefit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Strand
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
MASK Crusaders... working overtime... fighting crime... fighting crime!!! Secret Raiders...
mbmbmbmbmb
Jedit wrote:
dboyee wrote:

But if you get capacity early, you're wasting it unless you win every game thereafter. 12 games, 12 capacity slots. I timed it well enough that I only wasted one, maximising my capacity at the start of game 11 (which I won), but I won five times. If I hadn't waited until game 5 to finish it off I would have lost quite a bit more of the benefit.
Your not wasting it, because if you lose every additional game, you are getting 2 capacities instead of 1. you will fill it sooner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jedit wrote:
dboyee wrote:

But how much extra Glory do you get out of having the extra Capacity for more games?

That extra Capacity works out like having an entire extra row bonus for each future game, so, yes, you stop getting benefits from it before the end of the campaign, and no longer get the consolation benefit from games you don't win, but that doesn't mean you wasted it any more than unlocking all the glory benefits before the end of the campaign means you've wasted future glory. It just means you've got more of a benefit from it than someone who only completes the unlocks at the end of the campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dboyee wrote:
Jedit wrote:
dboyee wrote:

Your not wasting it, because if you lose every additional game, you are getting 2 capacities instead of 1. you will fill it sooner.

True, but then you'll just max out faster, and everything after that point is wasted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Strand
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jlerpy wrote:
dboyee wrote:
Jedit wrote:
dboyee wrote:

True, but then you'll just max out faster, and everything after that point is wasted.
Yeah, but once you have all your glory filled, you will be able to keep 4 different cards, 4 different minions, 4 coins, etc., for the rest of the games. The sooner you fill the capacity, the better off you are!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Jeffreys
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dboyee wrote:
Yeah, but once you have all your glory filled, you will be able to keep 4 different cards, 4 different minions, 4 coins, etc., for the rest of the games. The sooner you fill the capacity, the better off you are!

I struggle to finish games with anywhere near both 4 Resources & 4 Coins remaining.
To end with that many things definitely means you've missed an opportunity to score more highly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Strand
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Korhil_NZ wrote:
dboyee wrote:

I struggle to finish games with anywhere near both 4 Resources & 4 Coins remaining.
To end with that many things definitely means you've missed an opportunity to score more highly.
I had over 9 coins one game using Butlers. It is possible to end with lots of coins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corsaire
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Korhil_NZ wrote:
dboyee wrote:

Me too, and it is a point of pride in games like this for me to clear out all expendables. However, I still favor capacity first as maxing advancements and minions are huge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.