Popular Tags: [View All]
Joao Mendonca
Portugal
Tavira
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

PLAY CARDS
So my cleric was attacking the Minotaur and the wizard decided to use Twist the Knife on the half ogre (thus removing the 1st level a 3) also has an assist the Martial assisted this with Javelin.

DEAL DAMAGE:
Looking at the half ogre (1st lvl is gone) so Javelin provides Martial symbol, while twist the knife provides the remaining 2 symbols (a deception and a colorless)

Half Ogre dies.

Is this played correctly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Aust
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jhonyb wrote:

PLAY CARDS
So my cleric was attacking the Minotaur and the wizard decided to use Twist the Knife on the half ogre (thus removing the 1st level a 3) also has an assist the Martial assisted this with Javelin.

DEAL DAMAGE:
Looking at the half ogre (1st lvl is gone) so Javelin provides Martial symbol, while twist the knife provides the remaining 2 symbols (a deception and a colorless)

Half Ogre dies.

Is this played correctly?

No, that is incorrect. If the wizard plays a card on the cleric's turn, you only get the damage mentioned under assist. So in your situation, you do not get the two deception icons, only only level of damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Beeman
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Houston, TX
badge
Little Light
mbmbmbmbmb
You never cleared the red level of damage since on assists you don't apply the damage icons of the card, only what is under the assist text.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Mendonca
Portugal
Tavira
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are totally right!
I was thinking something wasn’t adding up! I was indeed assisting so no icons there!

Thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Assist or Corner Damage.

Never both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Mendonca
Portugal
Tavira
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
Assist or Corner Damage.

Never both.

Ability and Corner Damage, Like for instance the card that lets you Draw 3 and Discard 3 from Arcane.

right ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jhonyb wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:
Assist or Corner Damage.

Never both.

Ability and Corner Damage, Like for instance the card that lets you Draw 3 and Discard 3 from Arcane.

right ?

Text effects associated with the corner damage or assist also happen, yes.

Your example didn't have any text effects to deal with, so the comment didn't include them.

If not obvious: Text effects associated with an Assist only happen with an Assist (example: Tower Shield has different text effects depending on if the card is played as an Active Player or as an Assist).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.