Subject: If jorgomo or earth dragon empty a province is there a war? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Hymers
South Korea
Andong
Gyungsangbukdo
flag msg tools
I believe I have the correct monsters here, jorgomo takes control of one bushi or Shinto, while earth dragon pushes one figure from each player out.
If in doing so there is no figures other then the controller of the monster do you bid?

I would assume the same answer would apply to both but perhaps I’m wrong there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Holman
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmb
blork wrote:
I believe I have the correct monsters here, jorgomo takes control of one bushi or Shinto, while earth dragon pushes one figure from each player out.
If in doing so there is no figures other then the controller of the monster do you bid?

I would assume the same answer would apply to both but perhaps I’m wrong there?

From what I've seen so far, yes, you still bid. Even if you remove all the opposing forces you still have a bid since they where there at the start.

Players could still take hostage, they can still win the bid for ronin and so on which could sway the outcome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gallo
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Soul_ wrote:
From what I've seen so far, yes, you still bid. Even if you remove all the opposing forces you still have a bid since they where there at the start.

Out of curiosity, is there anything in the rulebook to support this?

I feel like this is correct, but I always try to tie things back to the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it was in the FAQ, and that CMON gave a direct response on Twitter or something too.

The ruling I recall was, yes, there is still war. Make sure you win that Take Hostage bid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael R

Heidelberg
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Necr0mancer wrote:
Soul_ wrote:

Out of curiosity, is there anything in the rulebook to support this?

Well, yes. According to the rulebook, battles only happen when there are multiple players in a province that are not allied. Jorogumo and the Earth Dragon trigger at the "start of Battle", i.e., after it has been decided that a battle takes place (see timing of War resolution on page 21). Edit: Note that War and Battle are two different concepts in this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Frag
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules address this very well. The monsters abilities only trigger once the battle starts as Michael points out, so the battle is underway. The rule book provides clear examples of how the battle continues even after all figures of one or multiple opponents are eliminated.

After all the owner of the Earth Dragon or Jorogumo could win the bid for Seppuku and the opponent with no figures left in battle could win the bid for Ronin and could still win the battle. Also, once you’re in the battle, you’re in for the long haul, so you can still take hostages, hire ronin or win Imperial poets even if you have no figures remaining in battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.