Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Centauri Saga» Forums » General

Subject: Upgrade Pack V1.5 Quality Issues rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle Carroll
United States
Warrensburg
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, I'm going to have to point out that the quality is vastly different from the original. You can VERY easily tell which cards are the new ones, and the only way around this is to use sleeves with a blacked out back, which wouldn't even work out since one needs to be able to see the backsides of the cards.

The issue specifically is that they are printed both darker, AND have a different sheen to them. I was able to shuffle them together and pull out the new cards with 100% accuracy. The backing is significantly darker, and whereas the old cards have a sort of gloss to them, the new ones are more matte. I'm pretty disappointed overall.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
For me this was less of an issue with clear sleeves reducing the “sheen” difference. But, yeah, the tint of the cards can be noticible so the best work around in my opinion is to draw cards from the bottom of the deck.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Rey
msg tools


I was always supporting Vesuvius Media but this is EXTREMELY disappointing.


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Constantine Kevorque
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It is true that the final product is a little darker than the prototype we received from our manufacturer. We actually used the same manufacturer for both the 1st Edition and everything from the second campaign.

But, that said, even if you can figure out which card belongs to the "Core" game and which one to the "Upgrade Pack", based on our experience so far through multiple sessions, this doesn't affect the game play at all.

There are multiple cards from both the core game and the upgrade pack, that fall to almost the 50-50 ratio to all decks that you need to draft from. Yes, you might be able to see that a card is a "newer version" but you still do not know which one so that this can give you a strategic advantage (or disadvantage).

Finally, if you sleeve the cards, then (during play) you will not even notice the difference.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fike
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
kompan wrote:


I was always supporting Vesuvius Media but this is EXTREMELY disappointing.




Drawing from the bottom of a deck is that much extra effort and inconvenience for you?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Carroll
United States
Warrensburg
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
constantinekevorque wrote:
It is true that the final product is a little darker than the prototype we received from our manufacturer. We actually used the same manufacturer for both the 1st Edition and everything from the second campaign.

But, that said, even if you can figure out which card belongs to the "Core" game and which one to the "Upgrade Pack", based on our experience so far through multiple sessions, this doesn't affect the game play at all.

There are multiple cards from both the core game and the upgrade pack, that fall to almost the 50-50 ratio to all decks that you need to draft from. Yes, you might be able to see that a card is a "newer version" but you still do not know which one so that this can give you a strategic advantage (or disadvantage).

Finally, if you sleeve the cards, then (during play) you will not even notice the difference.


I always appreciate seeing the publisher's reply to concerns! Although it was disappointing, that isn't going to stop me from still playing and enjoying the game. Just wanted to point out the issues up front. Now I just have to find some sleeves that fit and give it another shot.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitriy Razumov
Russia
Vladimir
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Could somebody please tell, is this an issue for those, who purchased core game during last campaign, not the first one?

Thank you.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Constantine Kevorque
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Uncivil wrote:
Could somebody please tell, is this an issue for those, who purchased core game during last campaign, not the first one?

Thank you.


This is something that affects people who have two boxes: Core game and Upgrade Pack. It is the same whether you got the core game through the first campaign, from a conference or during the last campaign.

That said, from now on we will be printing one "v1.5" Core game box with everything included (from first and 2nd campaign). We will not be printing upgrade packs any more. They were a limited print run for only the second campaign.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitriy Razumov
Russia
Vladimir
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! Could you also please tell about quality of 5-6 players expansion?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Constantine Kevorque
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Uncivil wrote:
Thank you! Could you also please tell about quality of 5-6 players expansion?


There is no issue with the 5-6 Player Expansion. Given the fact that the mini cards are per player, and they are the same for everyone, the small difference in color (they are a little darker) won't make any difference in the game.

Check the latest KS Update, it has a photo of the Player Area with mixed cards to see how everything is OK.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.