Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt S
United States
Granby
CT
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Got mine today. Rules look good. Not sure if I missed it but how does a chariot enter the track if it starts in one of the lanes not lined up with the track?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Got mine today. Rules look good. Not sure if I missed it but how does a chariot enter the track if it starts in one of the lanes not lined up with the track?

You simply start out driving to the right (sort of diagonally) and get back on the main straightaway. We have playtested this with a dozen chariots in the starting positions and it works just fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt S
United States
Granby
CT
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I thought that but was worried it would turn into a traffic jam. Only read the rules so far but glad to hear it works fine in game play. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Young
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That's actually the way they ran the races in real life. The wall with the gates (carceres) was actually curved so all drivers went an equal distance as they merged to the right. The gates apparently were also spring loaded and controlled by a single lever, so they would all open at the same time.

Also, Gameplay wise, you do not have to worry about Overtake damage until the fourth turn, to help alleviate any bunching up problems at the start. (See the Overtake rules to see what I mean.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Birdwise
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to all for both asking the question and providing the answer.
The rule book did not address this issue and I too was wondering how it would work.

I was thinking about an option where there would be two start positions in each of the six lanes, thus providing 12 start positions in total. Players could choose their start position in any lane, with more experienced players behind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.