Twilight Imperium (Fourth Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: How to store painted ships? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shaun Haynam

Jacksonville
Florida
msg tools
Hey guys, with 300+ ships, how are you storing and transporting your painted ships?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Esben Heick
msg tools
Painted ?

PICTURES PLEASE !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becky Rose
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Firstly, always use a sealing spray!

I’ve not yet painted my TI models but I do paint my games. If they’re well sealed they should do fine in the bags as that doesn’t leave much room for movement. It’s the ships grinding against each other that would cause damage so I >think< they’ll be fine.

But do seal them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Wanka
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
That is actually the reason why i won't paint mine.
In general i would go for foam inserts. As ti4 models are not that big i guess you could put all minis except warsuns between 2 layers of foam and cut inserts for the warsuns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W G
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If they are properly sealed with varnish, I think you could store them without issues in normal foamcore inserts:

I made these from Kelsam Tabletop's template. Yes, you do have to put the miniatures on top of each other in at least two layers, but that is not that big of a deal. It should work for "normal" storage and gameplay, as there is no friction between the miniatures (as opposed to, say, being stored in a bag).

If you want to make extra-sure everything is stored safely, you could easily add a layer of felt into the tray, and keep a loose piece of felt to put between miniature layers. Indeed I'm gonna make a second set of trays for a friend and I'm gonna use colored felt for each color tray matching the contents.

Of course, you could buy foam inserts; but please take into account that they will take up (i) lots of space, and (ii) you actually need to quickly access the miniatures during gameplay, and it should be easy to put them away when destroyed/after the game, too. So the better they are protected, the longer it takes to ready the game and the more space your storage solution takes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.