D-Day Dice (Second edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Legendary GI saved private Ryan rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Bissett
United States
flag msg tools
mb
I used GI Legendary to save private Ryan who was at sector 7. I rolled 3 skulls thanks to captain turned them to RWB.
I like these war stories.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hatherley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
I found him at Brecourt Manor, which I was storming with the Regiment de la Chaudiere.

I really like the Regiment de la Chaudiere - the Gunner is great (very nice ability), and the Assault Engineer very useful for getting cheap Bangalore Torpedoes (which I ended up using twice).

Saving Private Bryan was okay - his location defined my route and I had no trouble picking him up. (And he was in no danger, as with the Gunner, Corporal and Sharpshooter, a non-ignored skull was pretty unlikely.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Aquin
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
tophat9 wrote:
I found him at Brecourt Manor, which I was storming with the Regiment de la Chaudiere.

I really like the Regiment de la Chaudiere - the Gunner is great (very nice ability), and the Assault Engineer very useful for getting cheap Bangalore Torpedoes (which I ended up using twice).

Saving Private Bryan was okay - his location defined my route and I had no trouble picking him up. (And he was in no danger, as with the Gunner, Corporal and Sharpshooter, a non-ignored skull was pretty unlikely.)

Private Bryan sends his thanks for rescuing him and promises he won't get lost again.

But yeah, maybe the Régiment de la Chaudière has an advantage in this War Story, with its Gunner. Good for them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hatherley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Is there a way to make it so that you don't know where he is? So Private Bryan could be any sector in the penultimate row and the row before that?

Or perhaps you don't find out which row he's in until you are in the row before the penultimate row?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Aquin
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
tophat9 wrote:
Is there a way to make it so that you don't know where he is? So Private Bryan could be any sector in the penultimate row and the row before that?

Or perhaps you don't find out which row he's in until you are in the row before the penultimate row?

I will try. The challenge for these is that the text must fit on a poker-sized card and require no further explanations. Ain't always easy, believe me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.