4 Posts

Maximum Apocalypse» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question Scenario 1 (SPOILER) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Markus Kraft
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I encountered these questions recently and could not find any answer.

The scenario card for scenario 1 says under setup: "Set the Scientist and boss card off to the side. The first player to land on the Police Station draws the boss card"
-> There are 2 boss cards in the Zombie deck. Which of these boss cards do I set off to the side? What do I do with the other boss card?

I played the scenario with the fireman, who has the ladder in his deck, which says: "Discard: Avoid drawing a monster card".
-> Can I use the ladder also to avoid drawing a boss card? OR Do bosses count as monsters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Bouselli
United States
Carteret
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gameboy84 wrote:
I encountered these questions recently and could not find any answer.

The scenario card for scenario 1 says under setup: "Set the Scientist and boss card off to the side. The first player to land on the Police Station draws the boss card"
-> There are 2 boss cards in the Zombie deck. Which of these boss cards do I set off to the side? What do I do with the other boss card?

I played the scenario with the fireman, who has the ladder in his deck, which says: "Discard: Avoid drawing a monster card".
-> Can I use the ladder also to avoid drawing a boss card? OR Do bosses count as monsters?

You shuffle the boss together and randomly draw one to use. The other gets put back in the box and is not used for the scenario.

I would say no, as it’s a boss and not a monster but as with any game you can play this as you’d like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, Mike Gnade has generally ruled in favor of whatever makes the game more difficult, and in this case, I would agree that the Fireman cannot use the ladder to avoid the boss card.

The other nice thing to know about that scenario is that there is no requirement to kill the boss monster before escaping, if you've already got the fuel ready to go. Just head to the van with the scientist and you win.

If you aren't quite ready with the fuel, though, you might have to deal with the boss monster as it's damage will likely be a problem if you can't jump between Shelter tiles or otherwise stun the boss and any other monsters that you've accumulated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Kraft
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.