Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Franks
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I found a second hand copy of Scratch House for ¥5000 (about $45) in the Sapporo Yellow Submarine. The reviews for this game seem pretty positive, and this game seems really rare, but I’m not sure if I’d like it. Is it worth picking this up? I know the designer (Kuro) is really well renowned within the Japanese board game community too...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
agentj73 wrote:
I found a second hand copy of Scratch House for ¥5000 (about $45) in the Sapporo Yellow Submarine. The reviews for this game seem pretty positive, and this game seems really rare, but I’m not sure if I’d like it. Is it worth picking this up? I know the designer (Kuro) is really well renowned within the Japanese board game community too...

Depends. Scratch House is a typical Kuro game, so if you like his designs, you'll like this. Good things: it's a quite novel and weird thing. Bad things: It's a bit messy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zimeon wrote:
agentj73 wrote:

Depends. Scratch House is a typical Kuro game, so if you like his designs, you'll like this. Good things: it's a quite novel and weird thing. Bad things: It's a bit messy.

This. A bit on the lighter side rules-wise, compared to other designs of his, but definitely weird (in an enjoyable way).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcelo Antunes
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
Hey, mouseover!
badge
Hey, mouseover!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just love it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love it. It is better with more players but it is essentially a solitaire tile building game. in that, after the very brief first phase each round of picking which row you want, everything you do has no effect on me and the same back. You build your house, I build mine.

The actual build is very interesting and after playing, you discover so much more to discover.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Franks
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I chickened out. If I find it again or go back to Sapporo and it’s still there, maybe I’ll pick it up. ¥5000 was just a bit too steep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.