3 Minute Boardgames
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is pretty low. 8th summit have 39 copies of the kickstarter version of the game for sale on their site, but aren't taking messages from backers of the game who never received their copy.

Might be a new low for a game company. Blatantly flogging off peoples pre-purchased kickstarter games.

If you are reading this Jason, my friends name is Scott Kelly, he lives in New Zealand, and he wants his damned game. Man up and contact him.

https://8thsummit.net/product/defenders-of-the-last-stand-ks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Bush
United States
West Decatur
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
At all cost
badge
"Some fights will just get you bloody"
mbmbmbmbmb
This is now years old, has he contacted the publisher?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
3 Minute Boardgames
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DanielFirestorm wrote:
This is now years old, has he contacted the publisher?

Many many times. And also comments on the kickstarter page.

You think i'd post this if people hadn't tried to contact the publisher first, multiple times, for over a year?

In case you hadn't noticed, 8th summit has shut down comms on all matters. They don't use twitter any more, they don't respond here, and their latest kickstarter is dead. (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/8thsummit/superhero-sol...)

Yet they are still selling copies of a game on their site that they failed to deliver to some backers. (mostly in NZ, Australia and South East Asia).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you tried contacting Richard Launius directly here, from what I know of him from good people at this site he's a pretty stand up guy and I'd be surprised if he didn't help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The publisher is gone, no idea if buying on that site even still works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
3 Minute Boardgames
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BeerAndBoard wrote:
Have you tried contacting Richard Launius directly here, from what I know of him from good people at this site he's a pretty stand up guy and I'd be surprised if he didn't help.

Yes. And Richard is a stand up guy and none of my negative comments are in any way shape or form directed at him.

But he's not the publisher, so it's really outside of his control. And short of guilt tripping him into sending one of his personal copies, there isn't much he can do if the publisher won't play ball.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ithkrall wrote:
BeerAndBoard wrote:

Yes. And Richard is a stand up guy and none of my negative comments are in any way shape or form directed at him.

But he's not the publisher, so it's really outside of his control. And short of guilt tripping him into sending one of his personal copies, there isn't much he can do if the publisher won't play ball.

As he probably made some profit out of it I would have no problem guilt-tripping him for a copy no matter how nice he is, I'm sure he still has a relationship with the publishers - otherwise take his copy and he can buy one from 8th Summit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
3 Minute Boardgames
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BeerAndBoard wrote:
Ithkrall wrote:
BeerAndBoard wrote:

As he probably made some profit out of it I would have no problem guilt-tripping him for a copy no matter how nice he is, I'm sure he still has a relationship with the publishers - otherwise take his copy and he can buy one from 8th Summit.

That's not really how it works. Defenders of the last stand clearly wasn't a huge commercial sucess, and I bet Richard made, based on hours spent on the project, an absolute pittance for the amount of effort he put in.

This isn't about the designer at all. This issue is solely with the publisher, Jason Maxwell.

Designers don't distribute games, and having a go at Richard, who has probably lost more out of this series of stuff ups than anyone, is not where I want this to go at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
3 Minute Boardgames
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BeerAndBoard wrote:
Ithkrall wrote:
BeerAndBoard wrote:

Also, A brit with an All Blacks microbadge? There's a story.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ithkrall wrote:
BeerAndBoard wrote:
Ithkrall wrote:
BeerAndBoard wrote:

Also, A brit with an All Blacks microbadge? There's a story.

Actually a Kiwi living in Pomgolia, hence my rather straight forward (direct) attitude on this. As it has already been pointed out that the Jason prick has already gone to ground if it was me I would be approaching Richard irrespective of what people think the relationship is.
Sad news for my fellow Kiwi though yuk

Cheers
Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.