11 Posts

UBOOT: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: How to use the attack disk?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan Huygen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since English isn't actually my first language I have some problems understanding how the Attack disk works. I have checked the Youtube video ofcourse but still it is a mystery to me.
Could anyone explain how it works step by step please. Thank you BGG buds!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Salwarowski
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I wholeheartedly recommend the rulebook - I have taken special care to explain this part of the game, so please look it up, it's both text and examples:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jqo7tv6apv8v09b/Uboot-Rulebook-PRV...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanja Meier
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am planning on doing a step by step sketch this weekend. I was already thinking about it last week but I didn't had time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Huygen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thank you for that. I am looking forward to it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanja Meier
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here it is:

A 4 step description about how to use the attack disk to place the ships/u-boat on the tactical map.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/3977077/uboot-board-game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanja Meier
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've uploaded it to an online host. Hope it works.

Here the url:
https://ibb.co/kwa8Fn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Salwarowski
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is pure gold, thank you Angy!

Can we use it in the official rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanja Meier
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Muttah wrote:
This is pure gold, thank you Angy!

Can we use it in the official rules?

I am glad you like it and that it might help people who struggle with the attack disk

Feel free to use it in the official rules, this way it may reach and help all players.
You could create something similar to explain how to plan an attack and calculate the necessary course and speed change/s. Some examples of possible situations and it's most advantageous attack approach.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Salwarowski
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, that's exactly what I wanted to have for the preview rulebook, but neither of us was talented enough to make it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanja Meier
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Muttah wrote:
Well, that's exactly what I wanted to have for the preview rulebook, but neither of us was talented enough to make it

Jejeje, thanks for the flowers modest

If you'd like a similar explication for other aspects of UBoot feel free to reach out for me. You have my email from the KS pledge and Waldek also has my facebook contact, so there shouldn't be a problem to get in touch with me later.

This type of resumes usually doesn't take long for me. First I have to understand how it works, then let pass some days just to get the information handled by the subconsciousness and afterwards I am ready to do a sketch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Salwarowski
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, that's great to know I'm not sure if there are any other elements that would require more diagrams... Maybe the examples from the Tactical Guide? I'm not exactly sure at this point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.