Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schmittgens
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Bottom Line - When is "the start of a German activation"?

Section 7.9 says the Alies can play an Engineers reaction card for roadblocks "at the start of a German activation". And section 6. says a player plays a card to activate units.

Like my Bottom Line says, when is the "start"?

1. As soon as the German plays a card before saying which card option will be exercised;

2. When the German says "I'm going to activate units" before identifying the activating units;

3. When the German identifies the activated units, but before movement starts; or

4. Other

2 or 3 seem most logical, though 2 means you're just plugging holes rather than reacting to a German move.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Poutré
Canada
St-Jean-sur-Richelieu
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Yes... I still like 'em 35 years later...
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always played like it's #3. In PbEM, the German player would play a card and type "Activating the XLVII Corps" and that's when I would pause and decide whether or not to put roadblocks and where. If so, I would put them and send back the log, without knowing where my opponent actually intended to move the units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Ã…kerlund
Sweden
Vallentuna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Definately #3.
Nothing is activated until then, so I'd argue that if roadblocks are placed "at the start of a German unit activation", a unit has to be activated first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Schmittgens
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 2P Roadblock timing?
That's what I thought. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't making it too easy for the intel-starved US Army.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.