Sebastian Blanco
United States
Shelbyville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been wanting to play this great game again, and so I thought that trying to set something up for this year's GenCon or Origins would be a good way to do that.

At this point, this is just a way to start the discussion, and see who might be interested. I would be willing to play in just about any format, from a specific movie block to post-movie adventure path (but, like pretty much everyone, I don't have many cards from the later sets) to sealed. I have enough sealed packs for two players to do a Tower "draft" (we'd just open them up, probably, with two), but getting more for more people will not be too hard. You can still get a bunch of draft packs and 36 Two Towers packs for under $40. I'd be happy to order these if there's enough interest.

We have months to plan, so chime in if you're out there and want to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin S.
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be at GenCon and might be interested, time permitting. Haven't gotten to play in ages. I only have a little from the post-movie sets, but I could do almost anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Daulton
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be in at Gen Con!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Kory
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmb
Totally interested in this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Blanco
United States
Shelbyville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to get an early read on what’s likely, can you guys chime in on which format you’d like to play: constructed (and which sets) vs sealed/draft?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin S.
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sealed/Draft could be interesting...I've only done it once or twice, but I think it would need a lot of coordination, we might need a time when a bunch of people could meet.

I'm set up for Fellowship Block right now, but it'd be easy enough to chance things for any set up. I'll warn you now, I never really followed the banned list, so I might have a couple deck issues there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauziz
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just started playing (purchased some starter decks and fellowship boosters), and I'm attending Origins for the first time this year. I'd be interested in getting my butt kicked by some veterans!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Blanco
United States
Shelbyville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a good idea. I’ll be there Wednesday and Thursday (have to leave Friday early afternoon), and I’d be happy to play some casual games, either sealed or constructed from the Fellowship block. PM me and we’ll figure out the details.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Blanco
United States
Shelbyville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, let’s see if we can’t nail down a roll call here. Who will for sure be at GenCon and will want to play (and what format)? I’m going to be available Thursday or Saturday evening, and possibly Wednesday evening or some time Sunday. Let’s do this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Daulton
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m available Wednesday. Not Sunday, and not evenings due to volunteering in pick up and play area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Blanco
United States
Shelbyville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I’ll most likely be available Wednesday as well, but let me confirm before we set a concrete time/place to play. Which format would you like to do?

Simple starter decks?
Tower “draft” (I think I have enough packs for two people, so more like random constructed)
Constructed (and then which block?)

I am happy to play any of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Blanco
United States
Shelbyville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All good for Wednesday. Go ahead and pick a time and place and format and let’s have a nice blast from the past.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Blanco
United States
Shelbyville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to follow up, I’m at GenCon and walking around with a Fellowship block deck, an after-reset block deck, and enough packs for two people to do a TT sealed deck thing. PM me if you’re interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.