Subject: Initiative red tile - wrong iconography? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamin Basse
Belgium
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I got this game last saturday and we already played it this week. Really fun, really intense and so much emotions

As with every first game, we made some mistakes and had some questions, which were generally solved with help of the Rules/FAQ.

However, there was one thing we didn't find (and I don't find it on the forum too). The iconography of the red initiative tile and that from the compendium don't match (see image below). The iconography of the tile suggests you could give up two blood for strength in battle instead (or something like that), but that's not what the text says and not what I've found on the forum. So I guess this is a printing mistake? Or was this card supposed to change in meaning?

Anyway, we played as it was described in the compendium (killing two units before battle).

Great game, very much looking forward to the next session.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristijan Petrovski
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe a typo... subscribed!

Hopefully someone can offer more substantial information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Lind
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the iconography has been changed between the compendium and the tile. They mean the same thing: 2 damage to enemy BEFORE combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Basse
Belgium
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that was my first thought too. Two damage then combat. But I still was kind of confused, because the knife symbol is the symbol for strength and this is day phase, not combat phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Lind
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly. BEFORE combat. If you kill all troops before combat, no combat win victory point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MATAGOT
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
marcuslind1 wrote:
Exactly. BEFORE combat. If you kill all troops before combat, no combat win victory point.

Correct!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jake small
msg tools
I also find it a little confusing that the symbol for "strength" was used. IMO the previous iconography was clearer. Why not use the circular battle image that the cards use for day phase / night phase / battle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spieler Gott
Germany
flag msg tools
Das ist ein ÜberBadge.
badge
Wow!
mbmbmbmbmb
My iconography matches.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
janate senthong
Thailand
flag msg tools
if i got 2 shield (elephant and 1 shield from lv3 blue power) and when my enemy attack me with this power do i have to lost 2 soilders ??????

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edu Avalon
Guatemala
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
gujane wrote:
if i got 2 shield (elephant and 1 shield from lv3 blue power) and when my enemy attack me with this power do i have to lost 2 soilders ??????

Yes. First you lose two soldiers (shields are useless here), and then the normal combat starts. In this combat, you will use your shields as usual. Remember that if you only have 2 soldiers in the area, those are automatically eliminated and there is "no combat". So attacker will not earn a victory point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.