Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Unconditional Surrender! World War 2 in Europe» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mobilization from turn track rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
davide pessach
Israel
Tel Aviv
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question: units that are on the scenario table with a later date and "mobilization" as for location will get in the mobilization box when the date arrives...but...the units I'm having issues with have no "reduced" status on them (on the scenario table), so I guess they arrive in the mobilization box with full strenght...but that is impossible as from the mobilization box you can only summon reduced units.

So? Is it implied that when they get to the mobilization box they become reduced and I can mobilize them ONLY as reduced?

Thanks!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvatore Vasta
United States
Woodstock
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
patgarret77 wrote:
Quick question: units that are on the scenario table with a later date and "mobilization" as for location will get in the mobilization box when the date arrives...but...the units I'm having issues with have no "reduced" status on them (on the scenario table), so I guess they arrive in the mobilization box with full strenght...but that is impossible as from the mobilization box you can only summon reduced units.

So? Is it implied that when they get to the mobilization box they become reduced and I can mobilize them ONLY as reduced?

Thanks!


Please provide a specific example as I am not sure what units you are referring to.

Thanks
Sal
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve McSteverson
United States
flag msg tools
I'm pretty sure the units on the turn track or in the mobilization box don't have a reduced/non-reduced state, they just are. To tell which way they should be mobilized, essentially all units which can be reduced are mobilized in a reduced state, with the exception of Soviet leg armies.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
davide pessach
Israel
Tel Aviv
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Salvatore, thanks for pitching in!

The units I'm talking about are the german units on page 26 of the playbook, specifically those marked for 'Mobilization' in the location column, starting from counter ID 2 to 5 Luf. But of course this question needs an answer for all the others, even in the same columns further down

svasta wrote:
patgarret77 wrote:
Quick question: units that are on the scenario table with a later date and "mobilization" as for location will get in the mobilization box when the date arrives...but...the units I'm having issues with have no "reduced" status on them (on the scenario table), so I guess they arrive in the mobilization box with full strenght...but that is impossible as from the mobilization box you can only summon reduced units.

So? Is it implied that when they get to the mobilization box they become reduced and I can mobilize them ONLY as reduced?

Thanks!


Please provide a specific example as I am not sure what units you are referring to.

Thanks
Sal
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
davide pessach
Israel
Tel Aviv
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes Steve, this was also my assumption, just wanted to make sure. Thanks!

Cartographer7 wrote:
I'm pretty sure the units on the turn track or in the mobilization box don't have a reduced/non-reduced state, they just are. To tell which way they should be mobilized, essentially all units which can be reduced are mobilized in a reduced state, with the exception of Soviet leg armies.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvatore Vasta
United States
Woodstock
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
patgarret77 wrote:
Yes Steve, this was also my assumption, just wanted to make sure. Thanks!

Cartographer7 wrote:
I'm pretty sure the units on the turn track or in the mobilization box don't have a reduced/non-reduced state, they just are. To tell which way they should be mobilized, essentially all units which can be reduced are mobilized in a reduced state, with the exception of Soviet leg armies.


That's correct.

The Reduced status in the Setup Table only applies for units that are set up on the map at the start of the scenario.

Sal
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mansfield
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
patgarret77 wrote:
Quick question: units that are on the scenario table with a later date and "mobilization" as for location will get in the mobilization box when the date arrives...but...the units I'm having issues with have no "reduced" status on them (on the scenario table), so I guess they arrive in the mobilization box with full strenght...but that is impossible as from the mobilization box you can only summon reduced units.

So? Is it implied that when they get to the mobilization box they become reduced and I can mobilize them ONLY as reduced?

Thanks!


The location is the mobilization box. When you want to mobilize them onto the board they are placed on their reduced side (except USSR non-shock ground units and air units which receive the 4 sorties). Remember all single step units (Garrison Units) are considered 'reduced strength' units.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niels Bjødstrup
Denmark
flag msg tools


Hi there.

Completely new to the game and just discovered this thread.
Just to make sure I got it right with regard to mobilization....

Any ground unit, except the USSR shock unit, comming from the faction Card’s mobilisation box onto the map, will be purchased and placed in a reduced state, regardless of this is the first appearance of the unit on the map, or if the unit is a former eliminated unit comming from the faction card’s eliminated box?

Is this correct??

Thank you for what appear to be a great game😀...I have a lot to learn though!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvatore Vasta
United States
Woodstock
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bjodstrup wrote:

Hi there.

Completely new to the game and just discovered this thread.
Just to make sure I got it right with regard to mobilization....

Any ground unit, except the USSR shock unit, comming from the faction Card’s mobilisation box onto the map, will be purchased and placed in a reduced state, regardless of this is the first appearance of the unit on the map, or if the unit is a former eliminated unit comming from the faction card’s eliminated box?


Almost. Any ground unit that is coming from the Mobilization box onto the map (because you mobilized it in the Mobilization Phase) is placed in a reduced state. The exception is regular Russian infantry. Regular Russian infantry units (which are the ones that do NOT say Shock or Guards on the counter) are placed in a full state.

Quote:
Thank you for what appear to be a great game😀...I have a lot to learn though!


As you play it more, I hope you still have fun with it.

Sal
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niels Bjødstrup
Denmark
flag msg tools

Got it now👍😊

Thanks Sal.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kryspin Trych
Poland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Why it's necessary to keep units in Russia box?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvatore Vasta
United States
Woodstock
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ghostdog33 wrote:
Why it's necessary to keep units in Russia box?


If you mean the Central Russia box, it's not necessary to put any units there. What rule made you think it was necessary?

Sal
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.