Subject: Ithaqua rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Lo
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Anyone have any good strategies for beating Ithaqua. I've played this numerous times and can't defeat it. Obviously, luck plays a role, but anything you suggest that's allowed you to beat it more than once, helps!

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played against him once... and lost... so I don't think I'm the one to be handing out strategy here. For me, I was just at a loss as to how many provisions I needed to gather before heading out since there was ZERO guidance on this point.

And for what it's worth, I've played against the Dark Pharoah once (and lost) and Cthulhu maybe a dozen times (and I THINK I won once but my memory may be off there). I've beaten all of the Great Old Ones that came with the game though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Lo
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Trump wrote:
I've only played against him once... and lost... so I don't think I'm the one to be handing out strategy here. For me, I was just at a loss as to how many provisions I needed to gather before heading out since there was ZERO guidance on this point.

And for what it's worth, I've played against the Dark Pharoah once (and lost) and Cthulhu maybe a dozen times (and I THINK I won once but my memory may be off there). I've beaten all of the Great Old Ones that came with the game though!

Ithaqua is the only Great Old One I haven't defeated yet! It's really frustrating when you're doing so well, at least one might think, and then only to randomly lose all your supplies, which requires an immediate reset.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got any special tips for Cthulhu or the Dark Pharoah?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Lo
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmb
I don't remember the Cthulhu campaign being all that tricky. It's been so long since I've played it. I just remember in the second part, trying to get to Cthulhu as quickly as possible.

The Dark Pharoah was hard, but what helps is getting the ally that gives you red and yellow dice. I also used the one that lets you ignore locked glyphs. Other than that focus on collecting resources, particularly clues to help with rerolls.

This strategy doesn't work so well on Ithaqua because you're on more of a timer. The doom track rises faster and enemies spawn more often including more annoying ones that can lock glyphs or wolves that spawn more wolves at midnight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Subatomic Birdicle
United States
flag msg tools
*chirp*
badge
*squawk*
mbmbmbmbmb
jloving wrote:
Anyone have any good strategies for beating Ithaqua. I've played this numerous times and can't defeat it. Obviously, luck plays a role, but anything you suggest that's allowed you to beat it more than once, helps!

Thanks.

Jenny Barnes solo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.