Subject: Eagle of France / BGG rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James C
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How can we best resolve the fact that important questions, clarifications, comments, and variations for the Eagles of France games are spread across three (soon to be four) different game pages?

Might there be a way to consolidate the fora?

It's quite a problem, especially because the fan base for these games is relatively small to begin with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Dikmans
Australia
flag msg tools
There are also discussions going on at Consimworld (not so much recently) and the French language forums, such as Strategikon, where there have been a lot of useful information and clarifications recently.

If there were a place to consolidate things, I could post translations of some of the French discussions (or summaries of them).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Sterner
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Perhaps an "Eagles of France Series" entry?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marconi wrote:
Perhaps an "Eagles of France Series" entry?

Although I'm no expert on this sort of thing, that's exactly what I'm thinking.
How can we make that happen?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There was official consolidated errata recently posted to all three locations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you.
So is that the way to proceed?
Post everything in triplicate?
There has got to be a better way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't particularly hold a strong view either way but would not have questioned the current method until you raised it.

I know that some of the big series games that I play such as Lock 'n Load Tactical, have a separate folder for each game, with perhaps the general questions being posted to the original game in the series, sort of treating that as the mother game.

If you had a single general folder, it could not replace the individual folders because it would just get would just get too full of noise and if it was a supplement folder to sit with the current (and future) folders, then in most cases the point being made would probably pertain to one of the particular modules and need double posting anyway.

At the moment, if you subscribe to all three folders, then as long as the title of the post is specific and coherent (so for example avoid calling the post 'newbie questions', and instead say 'Line of sight questions' so it is obvious and can also be searched on) then one can always pick up relevant stuff, even it were only posted to one folder.

After getting to the end of all this typing, it appears I do have a view after all but really I don't, I am just thinking aloud.

I played the 4 turn St. Amand Scenario (Ligny) last night and had a great time. I (the French) opened up with some poor attacks and results and spent turn 2 trying to fix that and one activation to rally a rout on a powerful stack (which didn't rally!). In turns 3 and 4, I got back into my stride, but didn't have enough time to turn the game around, but did manage to narrow down the scale of the Prussian victory. Good gaming, thank you Hexasim and design team.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
walter vejdo
France
paris
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello
I would suggest to post the standard rules questions in the latest title of the serie on BGG and the specific rules in the related games.
I will update at least once a year the comprehensive q&a and post it for all games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
waltervejdo wrote:
Hello
I would suggest to post the standard rules questions in the latest title of the serie on BGG and the specific rules in the related games.
I will update at least once a year the comprehensive q&a and post it for all games.

Thank you!
I've been pouring over the rules and was preparing a summary.
But at 6 pages I don't know if it's fairly called a summary any more!
I'd be thrilled to get feedback from folks when I post it on BGG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.