7 Posts

The Golden Wilderness» Forums » General

Subject: Is my game complete? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JP Gamer
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just picked up a used copy of The Golden Wilderness and I'm trying to figure out if the game is complete. I could not find an inventory in the rules or on the box so I'm hoping somebody can confirm if what I have is everything.

1 Rule Booklet
39 Board Tiles
1 Big Pile of Money
1 Immigrant Pool Card
5 Role Cards
5 Country Cards
3 Difficulty Level Cards
41 Industry Cards (+ 1 card that is blank on one side and has "Hides/Farmland" printed on the other. Misprint?)
26 Pioneer Cards
24 Priest Cards
20 Soldier Cards
10 Indian Cards
2 Tile Type Cards
13 Event Cards
4 Development Cards
20 Country Flag Markers
60 Settlement Markers (12 each in Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, White)
10 Presidios
5 City Markers
10 Missions
59 Road Markers

Does anyone see that I'm missing anything?

Thanks!

Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dong
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Component list

This thread has an ‘unofficial’ list that Joe responded to and his only comment was a correction to the number of Industry cards so I presume the rest of the list is correct.

It appears that you have one extra Board Tile, perhaps a promo tile.
Your card counts for the Priest and Indian cards may have been switched, and you should double check your card counts. (You have too many of some and not enough of others)
If you have 5 copies of 8 types of Industry cards, including Hides/Farms then your good.

May game contents matches the list in that thread except that I apparently have an extra copy of each of the 8 Industry card types.

I do not have the 4 Development card or 20 Country Flag Markers in your list and I don’t see them mentioned in my rules book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP Gamer
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for responding and for providing the link to inventory! Really helpful.

I think I have an earlier version of the game then the current version. My rules booklet is copyrighted 2013 while the one on the Lumenaris website is 2016. The Advanced Rules in my game outline how to use the 20 Country Flag Markers and the 4 Development Cards, but they seem to have been removed from the 2016 rules.

I do have 5 of each of the 8 Industry Card types.

You are correct that I reversed the totals for the indians and priests, but the count for the soldiers (20) and indians (24) is correct in my set.

How many event cards do you have? 11 or 13? My event cards include 5x city markets, 2x coast markets, 1 each of market anywhere, market presidio, immigrants, local activity, neophytes, and taxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dong
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have 11 event cards: 5x Market:City, 2x Market:Coast, 1 each of Market: Presidio, Immigrants, Neophytes, and Taxes.

My rulebook is version 13 (c.2013).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fatula
United States
Blue Tent
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Off the top of my head, that all sounds normal for an earlier printing of the game.

The development cards are used by some of the people cards; in the current edition the people cards just do similar things directly.

You've got an extra tile, probably a promo tile. It shouldn't have any major effect on the tile mix.

The card that's blank on one side is scrap that was used for alignment testing. We normally take those out when packing up the game.

Your event card list sounds right for that printing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Ross Spurgeon
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe

My rulebook version 14 game has 41 roads (purchased fall 2017). I will play the game 1-3 players maximum. Will I need more roads for this player count? If so, can you include these roads with my latest order (under this same name - placed November 2017) - thanks.

Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fatula
United States
Blue Tent
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott, I've generally found that the number of roads needed doesn't change much by player count. At the moment, though, I'm not involved with shipping, so I'm not the person who can send you more roads. If you send an email to sales@lumenaris.com they're the ones to do things with orders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.