Popular Tags: [View All]
Volker Hirscher
Germany
Oftersheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

since a few weeks, we play quite regularly - let's say every three weeks or so. BUT: Often we forget why a scenario was unlocked, or what we can do there (story-wise). What would really help would be a summary for all the scenarios, something like (no spoiler, just an fatansy-example):

"Scenario 17: You hunted down the evil wizard to his cave. There, you might find the orb of destruction, which the woman in the tavern wanted you to fetch for her..."

You know what I mean? Not so easy to describe in English

Are we the only forgetful players out there, or do others have similar problems? Of couse, if you do not care for the story, then it doesn't matter...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You're definitely not the only ones that forget why some scenario is unlocked. I'm having a hard time even with shorter pauses between scenarios. I'd like to see the scenario requirements in addition to what you mentioned. Haven't found anything yet that would be helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
mavo wrote:
Are we the only forgetful players out there, or do others have similar problems? Of couse, if you do not care for the story, then it doesn't matter...

No, you're not the only ones. What I've been doing as the person who owns the game and likes to have it set up before people show up is I go through all of our available quests and write a brief summary of what led us there, what we would be doing, what location it is in (for Personal Goals), and which quest line (if any) it's a part of. I send that off in an email before game night so the group can vote on what to do and so people who don't make it can keep up with what's happened while they were gone.

I've read about other groups that keep a shared Google Doc that anybody with access can edit.

I don't know of any resource like the one you're asking about, but even if one were to exist, it couldn't be complete, because there are often multiple ways to unlock a scenario, and there are road and city events that could be significant but aren't tied to specific scenarios. Your best bet is keeping a log of your adventure somehow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom B.
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You could use an online spreadsheet shared among the players.
Create a row for each scenario played, then you can have columns for summary, Won/Loss status, Achievements, new scenario unlocked and even per-character XP, Gold, levelling and items.

edit: typo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volker Hirscher
Germany
Oftersheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be the only one writing in that... so I do not find that too attractive

Good to know that we are not alone, anyway

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Lunsford
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dom22 wrote:
You could use an online spreadsheet shared among the players.
Create a row for each scenario played, then you can have columns for summary, Won/Loss status, Achievements, new scenario unlocked and even per-character XP, Gold, levelling and items.

We use https://ninjalooter.de/gloomhaven/scenarios for all of that, but I'm with the OP that a brief (one or two sentence) synopsis of each scenario, describing what happened would be helpful. In fact, I think I'm gonna start doing that after each session now... Thanks for the idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.