Tiny Epic Quest» Forums » Rules

Subject: Legendary swordplay before resting? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C Kurt
msg tools
Hi there,
Couldn’t find an answer to this scenario:

Player 1 has finished their turn, and is about to pass the dice to player 2.

Player 2 has a hero with the legendary sword on a portal, fighting a goblin.
Player 2 wishes to rest, but would like to kill the goblin first.
Can Player 2 use “at any point during the night phase” to first kill the goblin with the legendary sword by expending power, then rest and pass the dice without rolling?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Combs
United States
Spring Lake Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see why not. If anyone has a problem with it, you could say they did it during previous player's turn.

You could even do it before resolving power symbols from the die roll as long as you are not combining the power spent with fight symbols from the die roll. Those are resolved after resolving power symbols. Same thing goes with spending power to move forward in a temple.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Kurt
msg tools
Cool thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berry
United States
Denver
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would suggest always doing it on the previous players turn as the only thing you can do on your rest turn is rest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molina
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Regardless when it becomes your turn you decide if you want to adventure or rest. Would be simple enough to say "I'm using my sword to kill goblin. For my turn, I'll Rest."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Patterson
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KingJackalope wrote:
Regardless when it becomes your turn you decide if you want to adventure or rest. Would be simple enough to say "I'm using my sword to kill goblin. For my turn, I'll Rest."

This is similar to how you would use the staff to up the magic level right before resting and claiming the spell. The staff only affects the magic level for you, not the other players, so I don't see why you would ever want to do that and then actually roll the dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.