Subject: Any good scenario + adversary combos? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmb
Can anyone recommend any scenario + adversary combinations they really enjoy? I'm looking to spice things up a bit after some solid wins.

I have all the content. (And will continue to buy anything that comes out - I LOVE IT)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RyuSora
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do no suggest mixing adversary and scenarios, scenarios just add some really and unnecessary rules for this amazing game, you are better off ignoring them.

I suggest just playing on the highest difficulty of the adversaries, and maybe houserule and add more difficulty like adding a town or removing cards from the phases deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
As a counterpoint,

Scenarios add rules which change the game in interesting ways.

I haven't mixed scenarios and adversaries yet, but I think England and Guard the Island's Heart would be very difficult because of how hard it is to stop England from building.

Blitz + Prussia might be really interesting as well. And I think Dahan Insurrection + Sweden might be really interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmb
ryusora wrote:
scenarios just add some really and unnecessary rules for this amazing game, you are better off ignoring them.

Hmm I cant agree there. Scenarios add some really interesting new game mechanics and the game plays out really differently. Can be very nice if you fancy some variety.

One huge plus about this game is how customisable it is due to spirits / scenarios and adversaries.

I for one hope the new expansion will add loads more of each!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.