Mythic Battles: Pantheon» Forums » General

Subject: Tales of ancient legends cont. ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Taylor Kowbel
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I quite enjoy the tales of ancient legends section of the rule book. Give fluff and an understanding of the characters for someone who isn’t a full Greek mythology buff. Also how it kind of helps new players understand the play styles and how the abilities work together and fit the flavor of the unit.

Is there plans to make one for all the units? Because the core set is barely a drop in the bucket compared to all the units we have to choose from.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nope nope
msg tools
Actually it has already been done (I have no idea why they did not release it on paper). The description of each character can be found in the updates posted during the campaign (example for Orion : LINK)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Kowbel
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yeah I vaguely remember seeing that. At the risk of reinventing the wheel, has anyone organized them yet? If not I’ll start working on some kind of plan here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Sanchez
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, that's a shame these weren't published, especially since so much work obviously went into these. I would love to see them organized...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nexbot wrote:
Yeah, that's a shame these weren't published, especially since so much work obviously went into these. I would love to see them organized...

Great idea. I took a stab at making a PDF with all the bios from the Hephaestus expansion.

If folks like the format, I'll do the rest as well...

We'll see if they approve it in the file section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Sanchez
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
dc0nklin wrote:
nexbot wrote:

Great idea. I took a stab at making a PDF with all the bios from the Hephaestus expansion.

If folks like the format, I'll do the rest as well...

Can't wait to see this! Do you know if they provided similar bios for the Pandora units?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hestis
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
There is more lore in the RPG book as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Indiveri
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do not hesitate to look up Wikipedia on any character / monster. Tons of great reads...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Sanchez
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Markind wrote:
Do not hesitate to look up Wikipedia on any character / monster. Tons of great reads...

Agreed, though one thing I enjoyed about the summaries provided with the game was that they were usually pretty short, so if I wanted article-length detail, I could then go onto a wiki to learn more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dc0nklin wrote:

Even though the little bios were on the Kickstarter updates, BGG admins say I have to get permission to put them together in a doc.

I'll ask Monolith.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Sanchez
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
dc0nklin wrote:
dc0nklin wrote:

Even though the little bios were on the Kickstarter updates, BGG admins say I have to get permission to put them together in a doc.

I'll ask Monolith.

Lame!

Thanks again for your work!

On another note, do you plan to do anymore rules videos for the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like a lot of dice mechanic questions lately...might do a dice video.

And I have a "Mighty Throw Strategies" video I never finished.

Thanks for asking...I might try to work on it soon...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dc0nklin wrote:
dc0nklin wrote:

I'll ask Monolith.

Got the permission and file is approved.

Take a look and let me know what you think of the format...we can always adjust it:

Tales of Ancient Legends - Hephaestus Expansion

If folks like it, I'll make some more...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayson Wehrend
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great job on consolidating the bios from the Hephaestus expansion! These bios were something that I was disappointed didn't come with the game. Since I don't remember my Greek mythology super well, I'd be thrilled to have a reference like this.

I do have a selfish request though. If you do move forward with doing this for all of the characters, would it be possible to put them in alphabetical order instead of by expansion? My thought is that it would be easier to find a particular character based on their name instead of what expansion they came with. Either way, I'd be grateful to have them. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Litvak
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Foooolish Samurai Warrior!
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually have an album saved of the little lore pieces that were put out during the campaign. This can tide people over until additional PDFs are posted:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/uCqEsD9nCksxRmJn1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Nurgle
Germany
flag msg tools
dc0nklin wrote:
dc0nklin wrote:
dc0nklin wrote:

I'll ask Monolith.

Got the permission and file is approved.

Take a look and let me know what you think of the format...we can always adjust it:

Tales of Ancient Legends - Hephaestus Expansion

If folks like it, I'll make some more...

I don‘t like it.

I love it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Sanchez
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I also think it's awesome, thank you!

I don't care whether you alphabetize them or keep them expansion-related, I'd just love having them centralized!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
unit03 wrote:
Great job on consolidating the bios from the Hephaestus expansion! These bios were something that I was disappointed didn't come with the game. Since I don't remember my Greek mythology super well, I'd be thrilled to have a reference like this.

I do have a selfish request though. If you do move forward with doing this for all of the characters, would it be possible to put them in alphabetical order instead of by expansion? My thought is that it would be easier to find a particular character based on their name instead of what expansion they came with. Either way, I'd be grateful to have them. Thanks!

I'll probably do a pdf for each expansion and then one giant one for all in alphabetical order.

Sadly, not every non-core unit has one... unless they exist and were never published.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Castro
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dc0nklin wrote:

I'll probably do a pdf for each expansion and then one giant one for all in alphabetical order.

Sadly, not every non-core unit has one... unless they exist and were never published.

Nothing stopping us from completing the last few excerpts missing. At least if you have the PDF know-how to make it look about the same as the other. I for one would be happy to try and contributed to the fluff. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Sanchez
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'd also be willing to contribute one! Just let me know which one we need
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nexbot wrote:
I'd also be willing to contribute one! Just let me know which one we need

First step is to figure out who's missing...

Atapoti wrote:
I actually have an album saved of the little lore pieces that were put out during the campaign. This can tide people over until additional PDFs are posted:

Atapoti's link has all the pics. I noticed Apollo and Manticore missing... but I haven't done a full inventory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two more up...

Tales of Ancient Legends - Hera Expansion
Tales of Ancient Legends - Rise of the Titans Expansion

I'll keep working on them...

I asked Monolith on KS comments if they might have the missing ones somewhere... we'll see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Litvak
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Foooolish Samurai Warrior!
mbmbmbmbmb
dc0nklin wrote:
Atapoti wrote:

Atapoti's link has all the pics. I noticed Apollo and Manticore missing... but I haven't done a full inventory.

Manticore and Apollo stories were never posted unfortunately, unless I missed them in a later update.

My only recommendation for the PDFs is to see if you can up the image quality. There is some artifacting around the text that weren't in the original images. Looks like whatever program you're using is compressing the images further.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Atapoti wrote:
dc0nklin wrote:
Atapoti wrote:

Manticore and Apollo stories were never posted unfortunately, unless I missed them in a later update.

My only recommendation for the PDFs is to see if you can up the image quality. There is some artifacting around the text that weren't in the original images. Looks like whatever program you're using is compressing the images further.

Doh. Will try to fix.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.