Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Hadjison
United States
Norman
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What are the possible results that can be rolled on the rubble die? there are 10 of them correct? Can someone list them please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Martineau
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
Maybe I'll just stay home and play KDM.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If your intent is to just roll a d10 for it, it won't be a great experience. The rubble die is designed so that some results are more common those others.

It's pretty neat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor K
Belarus
flag msg tools
foreshadow wrote:
What are the possible results that can be rolled on the rubble die? there are 10 of them correct? Can someone list them please.

The card that comes with rubble die says: "The range of probability of a particular side being rolled is spread from 4% to about 22%". I hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this expansion content?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall COBB
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Yep, the rubble die was an add-on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hadjison
United States
Norman
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So you are saying the card just states the probability, but does not list any results, and the die simply modifies when a particular result for the Rubble search occurs but the results for that search are the same as the one already in the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall COBB
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The actual construction of the rubble die is what provides the percentages, it is asymmetrically sided. The card explains the results but if you don't have the actual rubble die the card will be inaccurate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hadjison
United States
Norman
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the non-help. Telling me if I don't have the die it won't matter is not simply listing the results. I am curious what the die results are and asked if someone can list them. If you want email me and then tell me not to share it. I won't. It is for my own personal curiosity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall COBB
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

A-Special Finding
B- Encounter
C-Adrenaline
D-Further Exploration
E-Shot
F-Effort
G-Findings
H-Traders
I-Headshot
J-Reality Impact
No result visible-Nothing Happens

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Martineau
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whavoc wrote:

A-Special Finding
B- Encounter
C-Adrenaline
D-Further Exploration
E-Shot
F-Effort
G-Findings
H-Traders
I-Headshot
J-Reality Impact
No result visible-Nothing Happens

Jeez, more non-help??? Type the whole thing out so I can play with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RageGoblin wrote:
Jeez, more non-help??? Type the whole thing out so I can play with it.

Why not get the expansion so you can play with it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hadjison
United States
Norman
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, yes I'm sure I am not the only one so if you want to describe/explain each result that would be good. One is already listed, the head shot which apparently you remove a character (random or chosen?) which I am sure is super-rare but super-nasty result and the opposite of 'special finding'. What type of things might one find in a special finding, perhaps a nice military grade weapon, like an assault rifle.

What do you think of these options? Do they mess with the balance or do you like the rules and the various results? what are your thoughts on the rubble die and those possible results.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hadjison
United States
Norman
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Bradly because we cannot get it. The die was created by AR and the company that got the rights then doesn't produce/won't produce the resin and as such the rubble die which is resin includes that. I doubt it will be released as a future expansion and thus no one will ever get it, other than those who did get it and that's ashame since it is the opposite of capitalism and the whole 'supply' 'demand'. I know if they did list that and other things from the game like the resin stuff, memories of the past, etc. people would get it and want it so the demand is there, but the supply is not. Some of it, like memories of the past might be offered in the future.

My hope is perhaps that stuff can be sold via the BGG store. It would be great if a bunch of Rubble Die, Memories of the Past were added to the BGG store. I would buy them. I would also contemplate the Resin Cat and both furniture sets but shipping is an issue and I personally don't want to pay 23 pounds in shipping cost from Poland, plus the cost of the product. Sad, but that stuff then seems in limbo and might always be that way.

Would I run things if I owned this game? Nope, and I would make some contract to produce more of the resin pieces enmasse and put in something like a webstore, one via a US based one, like BBG and one via a European one perhaps or one per region maybe? like say the website for the company that bought the rights to this game. They should, yet shipping is an issue then from Europe and I have bought from the likes of Portal Games and it was 15 in shipping. So perhaps the shipping can be reduced a bit.

Still, knowing what I know now I regret not simply getting it then and not facing such a situation. I am curious though about the rubble die, its rules and even if I had the rules I would end up getting the real thing if/when I had the chance to do so. In the mean time I would like to try it out and so the rules for it would greatly be appreciated so I can play with the idea. Its only for my own personal use.

Perhaps if this game ever sees a second printing and that might happen, then the rubble die and other things will be offered again and then all of us that would want it can get it and at a reasonable shipping cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
foreshadow wrote:
@Bradly because we cannot get it.

I understand.

I thought it would be available later when they released expansions to public (wasn't sure if it was exclusive or not)

I was just a bit confused on the reply I posted on. There seemed to be a bit of a direct and forceful 'demand' for information from the people that paid money to get this extra item. Seems a bit unfair...at least in the way the comment was stated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hadjison
United States
Norman
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the response. Yes, I would get this if it were ever made available and it is one of those rare cases where I do not think it was KS exclusive but seems so. For me personally, it was something I should have gotten but ultimately didn't. I regret that as it is not fun wanting something. My rule is if you back a KS get anything you might remotely think you want. I suppose in this case then I failed to follow my own rule.

If it came out I would get it, but in the mean time I was curious a) what the list was and b) what that list did. Then if the rules were produced and/or the die from the company and it makes sense to add it to some expansion if it were put out later I would get it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor K
Belarus
flag msg tools
foreshadow wrote:
So you are saying the card just states the probability, but does not list any results, and the die simply modifies when a particular result for the Rubble search occurs but the results for that search are the same as the one already in the game?

Yeah, I misunderstood your original question, I thought you were asking about result probabilities. The results are below.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thadeu Antonio Silva e Silva
Brazil
flag msg tools
So... There is NO way of getting a replacement? Dammit... Dog just ate mine. :-(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Martineau
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
genmakerbr wrote:
So... There is NO way of getting a replacement? Dammit... Dog just ate mine. :-(

Just wait for it to come out the other end.

(I'm not joking. I've recovered board game pieces this way.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RageGoblin wrote:
genmakerbr wrote:

Just wait for it to come out the other end.

(I'm not joking. I've recovered board game pieces this way.)

gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.