4 Posts

Commissioned» Forums » Rules

Subject: FAITH CARDS - Set up clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jamie Lehn
Australia
flag msg tools
When setting up, the rules say each player draws 2 faith cards...there are 4 piles of faith cards and little clarification of how this is performed. Can you draw two cards from any pile? What is stopping players (especially new players) from cleaning out the “4” deck right from the start? Could anyone provide any clarification here?
Btw I played my first game last night and loved it. It was very thematic, not too easy (we lost) and I loved the way the mechanisms worked together. I look forward to more games. I’m just uncertain about this set up question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Deery
Canada
Milton
Ontario
flag msg tools
In setup, when you choose an apostle, you receive that apostle's faith deck of 6 cards. You shuffle that deck and draw 2.

The 4 piles of faith cards will be purchased throughout the game and added to your personal deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Lysaght
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify, setup involves giving each player two randomly drawn 2-Faith cards (the ones with the NT books on them) in addition to their six apostle cards. The 8 cards are shuffled to create the starting Faith deck. Players then draw either 5 or 6 cards based on how many players are playing. Thank you for supporting Commissioned! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. Also, we are now sending out a monthly update email. If you are interested in hearing all about our upcoming projects and conventions, email us at plysaght@charagames.com. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rando Polis

Chicago
msg tools
badge
I had the very same question. Thank you for the response! I love it when the designers answer these questions. Very excited to have this game, about to start our first game with my gf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.