Subject: Feedback on these Icons rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Donche
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
Hey all, I currently just finished up this icon set, basically they denote the play style for whichever characters they're using (Champion, Sorcery, Divine, Engineering, and Artifice). I am pretty satisfied with all of them except I've been told the Artifice (black) one looks too much like Assassin's Creed. While I can certainly see that, it was not my intention. I had the most difficult time with that one, trying to do something cool looking that still symbolizes deception, trickery, etc. I feel like the "thief" look is pretty common among the fantasy genre, so I can't tell if I should change it or leave it as is.

Artifice

Divine

Engineering

Sorcery

Champion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Bush
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like.
As long as Artifice doesn't mislead your players into thinking it's a play style of Assassin I wouldn't worry about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
darkana wrote:

Artifice

I like all of them. But Artifice reminds me of:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noelle R.
msg tools
darkana wrote:
Hey all, I currently just finished up this icon set, basically they denote the play style for whichever characters they're using (Champion, Sorcery, Divine, Engineering, and Artifice). I am pretty satisfied with all of them except I've been told the Artifice (black) one looks too much like Assassin's Creed. While I can certainly see that, it was not my intention. I had the most difficult time with that one, trying to do something cool looking that still symbolizes deception, trickery, etc. I feel like the "thief" look is pretty common among the fantasy genre, so I can't tell if I should change it or leave it as is.

Artifice

Wow! These look really nice :} For the thief one, I think if you remove the blade you will be fine. The blade has a shape similar to the A logo used for assassins creed and I think that is where the similarities are most overwhelming. If i remove the blade from the image in my mind, it doesn't give me the same connotation. Yes the style of hood is similar to assassins creed too but a lot of games use that hood so i don't think it will be a problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guilhem Bedos
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with birblady. Also, the blade is what makes this logo unnecessary complicated IMO. Removing it would greatly help making it neat and clear, as all logos should be.

No complaints about the other ones. Great job overall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pepijn van Loon
Netherlands
Den Bosch
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
They look great. If you want to get rid of the similarity with Assassin's Creed, you could remove the piece of cloth at the center of the hood, right above the nose, but it also looks fine the way it is.

How big are these icons going to be in the game? They might be a bit too detailed for small recognizable icons on cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
They're all pretty awesome but I concur: my first thought was 'hey that's Assassin's Creed'. A thing I've never ever played modest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Donche
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
Great feedback, everybody. I'm going to tinker more with the Artifice design. As someone pointed out elsewhere, it's the only design that's not a thing, but a dude. I'm okay with that, though. Removing the blade will probably do the trick. I am also thinking of altering the green design, because I was also told Warhammer has a similar icon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Santiago Pérez-Bergquist
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darkana wrote:
Hey all, I currently just finished up this icon set, basically they denote the play style for whichever characters they're using (Champion, Sorcery, Divine, Engineering, and Artifice).

Separate from the images, I cringe at this jumble of parts of speech. Sorcery, Engineering, and Artifice are all skills. Champion is a singular person. Divine is an adjective.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bojan Prakljacic
msg tools
Just a suggestion...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Donche
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
Santiago wrote:

Separate from the images, I cringe at this jumble of parts of speech. Sorcery, Engineering, and Artifice are all skills. Champion is a singular person. Divine is an adjective.

I get what you're saying here. They're just names for the deck. Champion deck, Engineering deck, Sorcery deck. Except I call them crafts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.