5 Posts

Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: A question about beating the evil exes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Fish
Canada
flag msg tools
Hello, I just picked up this game around christmas time and only played a couple games. I started off with the Patel exe fight and he was fairly easy, but how the heck do you defeat the other exes for the amount of damage they need. I played today with my friend to fight Roxy and with all the cards I had, I could not combo enough to beat her (I was using Ramona and my friend, Knives) is there something Im missing in this game to make combos easier or better card draw for said combos? Looking at Gideon, I don't know how the hell anyone could beat him. Thanks in advance for the help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArcNeo Masato
United States
Pasco
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you playing co-op or the standard VS mode? Cause that does make a big difference. A lot of it I've found comes down to not JUST combos, but pulling your combos with passives behind them, which can be harder to do for sure, but that's also the point of them getting harder each step, so Gideon IS super hard to actually beat, The G-Man was the final evil ex afterall. Sorry if I'm not being super helpful here, but the best I know so far is to make sure you're not just looking at combos, but also the passives to put behind your combos, especially for those later exes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Millo Millo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember that if you don't acquire a card during acquisition phase you can draw one more card on the next combat phase.

Many combat cards you will acquire on acquisition phase allow you to draw extra card or make more damage in different ways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Fish
Canada
flag msg tools
Seriously? How did I miss that? I thought it was only if you skipped the combat phase you gain an extra card for acquisition! That definitely helps a bit to beat them! Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Fish
Canada
flag msg tools
No, I play standard VS. I just am wondering if I am pulling too much cards to not have any proper synergy with passives and combo cards. I might have to see if there is a youtube video on someone beating the G-man. That is impressive if someone has. Maybe I can learn something from it too lol. Thanks for the help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.