Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Casey Smith
Switzerland
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't see it posted in the FAQ on kickstarter. I was wondering if I put in a dollar now, could I confirm it later. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders T
Sweden
flag msg tools
Hi,

On the Kickstarter page it is listed directly at the "Add ons":
"We’ll be making available several add-ons for purchase either during the campaign or afterwards in the pledge manager. If you’d like to purchase an add-on during the campaign, simply raise your pledge amount to account for the add-ons of your choice."

Quite easy to miss in all the content on the page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Smith
Switzerland
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the base game considered an add on though?

Edit
Okay, it says an extra copy, so I would say that counts! Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dilkROM
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmb
Hello, and yes! There is going to be a pledge manager and you can add in a game. However, I think if you back for "no reward" you may not gain access. We are double-checking this now with our pledge manager partner. I'll come back and verify once I know 100%.

And Anders, good point. We'll try to get the page updated to be more clear if we can make time in these hectic last days. At the very least, we'll absorb this feedback for the next campaign for sure!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
MancGaming wrote:
Thank you for clarifying! This will be our first Kickstarter pledge and we're quite chuffed with the entire process! Much different than simply picking up a game at the local store.

Welcome to the crazy world of crowdfunding.
Pledge managers usually go very smoothly, you'll see. You merely have to check your spam box and then follow instructions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Tymoshyshyn
England
Liskeard
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dilkROM wrote:
Hello, and yes! There is going to be a pledge manager and you can add in a game. However, I think if you back for "no reward" you may not gain access. We are double-checking this now with our pledge manager partner. I'll come back and verify once I know 100%.

And Anders, good point. We'll try to get the page updated to be more clear if we can make time in these hectic last days. At the very least, we'll absorb this feedback for the next campaign for sure!

Every KS I’ve been in has allowed backers who have pledged the minimum, £1,1$,1€, to be allowed to use pledge manager. Some people cannot raise funds and wait until pledge manager to back the game along with add ons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Padraig Duggan
Ireland
flag msg tools
If you back the €3 and get the print and play you'll be able to upgrade in the pledge manager.

You'll be helping reach some nice last stretch gpals too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dilkROM
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmb
Happy to say we've updated the FAQ on the campaign to share the news that all pledge levels (even those for no reward) will receive access to the pledge manager and be able to upgrade their pledge.

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
steftymo wrote:
Every KS I’ve been in has allowed backers who have pledged the minimum, £1,1$,1€, to be allowed to use pledge manager. Some people cannot raise funds and wait until pledge manager to back the game along with add ons.

I've been of some that didn't though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Smith
Switzerland
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dilkROM wrote:
Happy to say we've updated the FAQ on the campaign to share the news that all pledge levels (even those for no reward) will receive access to the pledge manager and be able to upgrade their pledge.

Hope this helps!

Thanks so much! As an ex barista I can’t wait to play this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dilkROM
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmb
Cool, Casey, that's great to hear. And fun to know that you were a barista, may I ask where (just out of curiosity)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Smith
Switzerland
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2 places, I started at Starbucks for a couple of years, but actually got so sick of it I just stopped showing up. Long story, but I was terrible when I first started, so I got a bit of a reputation of being terrible so I didn’t get a lot of respect from Co workers or customers.

Other place was named “Nob Hill Pharmacy”, and I worked the graveyard there. I’m pretty positive that place didn’t make any money and only existed as some kind of tax write off. Since it was one of the few places open 24 hours in my town a lot of people that didn’t want to pay for a hotel would stay there and nurse their coffee all night. So it was my job to make sure people were not falling asleep there. If you wanted to sleep you had to go somewhere else. This place is sorta immortalized because it’s in the beginning of the movie “Drugstore Cowboys”. It used to be a pharmacy but turned into a bistro when I worked there, now it’s sports bar.

Both places where at Portland Oregon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Starbucks shake

The best coffee I know is home.
Come over here peeps, I'll grind coffee for you and brew it in my giant moka apparel.
You might find it muddy.
But should you survive you'll be happy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Smith
Switzerland
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
Starbucks shake

The best coffee I know is home.
Come over here peeps, I'll grind coffee for you and brew it in my giant moka apparel.
You might find it muddy.
But should you survive you'll be happy

Talk shit all you want, but not to many American businesses give you medical insurance for only working 20 hours a week, especially mom and pop places.

Edit, insurance is a total scam in America, but that’s another conversation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SwissQueso wrote:
Talk shit all you want, but not to many American businesses give you medical insurance for only working 20 hours a week, especially mom and pop places.

Edit, insurance is a total scam in America, but that’s another conversation.

laugh I don't know about being employed there.
Coffee matters more than insurance whistle It's better at keeping me alive.
Yes, that's totally tongue-in-cheek
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Smith
Switzerland
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Something you might get a kick out of... we were trained to say certain words to describe certain roasts of coffee. Certain coffees(I can’t remember which ones) were to be described as earthy. In the back room, we used to joke that was a politically correct way of saying dirt.

So basically Starbucks had coffee that tasted like dirt, but we had to describe it as earthy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SwissQueso wrote:
Something you might get a kick out of... we were trained to say certain words to describe certain roasts of coffee. Certain coffees(I can’t remember which ones) were to be described as earthy. In the back room, we used to joke that was a politically correct way of saying dirt.

So basically Starbucks had coffee that tasted like dirt, but we had to describe it as earthy.

I actually use earthy to describe Pu Erh tea. It is one very particular tea but also an extremely good and healthy one

Thanks for sharing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dilkROM
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmb
SwissQueso wrote:
2 places, I started at Starbucks for a couple of years, but actually got so sick of it I just stopped showing up. Long story, but I was terrible when I first started, so I got a bit of a reputation of being terrible so I didn’t get a lot of respect from Co workers or customers.

This sounds like the story to another game we're working on that will become the prequel to Seize the Bean if we finish it and our happy with it.

SwissQueso wrote:
we were trained to say certain words to describe certain roasts of coffee.

Haha, neat. Thanks for sharing!

(Edited for syntax)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Smith
Switzerland
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any rough idea when the PM opens up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dilkROM
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmb
Casey, it should be in the next weeks. Kickstarter seems to have processed also payments so we are waiting to receive the funds. Once we do we can pay our pledge manager partner and then there is no more barrier to open the pledge manager. We've setup about 90% of it as we wanted to get pre-orders launched as soon as possible. This is done and open so the left-over work is just double-checking and testing the surveys. We are using the spare time to finalize a few details, for example, the play mat design, which backers are debating over in the campaign comments and on our Discord server. Perhaps we'll do a survey just before the PM launches...

Apologies that I do not have a more exact date than this! Hope it helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Smith
Switzerland
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries, just wondering what paycheck I’m buying this with lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moray Grant
United Kingdom
Dyce
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any news for when the pledge manager goes out? I backed print and play and it has convinced me to go for the full game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dilkROM
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmb
Aberdonian wrote:
Is there any news for when the pledge manager goes out? I backed print and play and it has convinced me to go for the full game.

Hey there, thanks for asking and thanks for your enthusiasm to back the full game!

Please keep an eye on the official campaign FAQ, especially this question here: "When will the pledge manager be accessible?"

That should keep you informed as to when the PM goes live. (Spoiler: we do not have an exact date yet.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Smith
Switzerland
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pledge Manager will be out in a couple of weeks according to the latest update.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/qualitybeast/seize-the-...

Im in a tough spot in my budget(Im anticipating getting Gloomhaven, and need to fulfill some other pledges). Im hoping itll be open for a few weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dilkROM
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmb
Hey Casey, thanks for posting and here and YES, I am happy to say that the pledge manager will certainly be open for a few weeks. We should be able to leave it open all of July at least, if not longer, even. Hope to see you there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.