Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Publications » Game Related Comics

Subject: This Monopoly sounds kinda fun! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I bought some shoes from a drug dealer. I don’t know what he laced them with, but I’ve been tripping all day.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been forever since I've read the comics page; have their eyes in this one always looked so bizarre? It's like they're lizard men from the show V--I keep expecting one of them to lift a mouse by the tail and swallow it whole.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daly
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
Sounds kind of like Monopoly the RPG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Arias
United States
Sanford
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clevider wrote:
It's been forever since I've read the comics page; have their eyes in this one always looked so bizarre? It's like they're lizard men from the show V--I keep expecting one of them to lift a mouse by the tail and swallow it whole.

Ahhh ... V.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franz Kafka
United States
St. Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently this comic has a long history of Monopoly jokes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just saw the newest version of Monopoly that now includes pawns that are a penguin, a rubber duckie, and a T-Rex and these replaced some of the older pieces. I know it’s Monopoly, and it really just doesn’t matter, but the pieces make less and less sense with each new iteration.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antoine Fibula
France
Toulouse
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Halborn wrote:
I just saw the newest version of Monopoly that now includes pawns that are a penguin, a rubber duckie, and a T-Rex and these replaced some of the older pieces. I know it’s Monopoly, and it really just doesn’t matter, but the pieces make less and less sense with each new iteration.

True... Playing as a boot, an iron, a top hat or a thimble made so much more sense! So what's your next move, Monopoly guys ? Having us play as an airplane? A motorcycle? A human, maybe?? Good God, I can't understand youngsters... I wish it was 1937 all over again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
10 year old me would have been all about the T-Rex. Now, if you could eat other players pawns or trash their property then we may be getting somewhere, lol!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hanna
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Halborn wrote:
10 year old me would have been all about the T-Rex. Now, if you could eat other players pawns or trash their property then we may be getting somewhere, lol!

Whenever I played monopoly with my family as a kid my mom always insisted on playing the dog and "lifting it to pee" on the other tokens as it passed them. I'd forgotten that until you mentions the T-Rex eating the other players.

Thanks for that. goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
JosefK wrote:
Apparently this comic has a long history of Monopoly jokes

Four pages later, I'm surprised to find that I enjoyed a lot of them.

Also, the eyes do change over time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.