Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Number of turns possible rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Kelly
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Master Strikes (adv. solo rules),some schemes, and at least one Horror card cause you to play an extra card from the villain deck. Are there any other ways to change the number of rounds a game will top out at? Are there villain or Heroes that burn or flip villain cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrPolygon wrote:
Master Strikes (adv. solo rules),some schemes, and at least one Horror card cause you to play an extra card from the villain deck. Are there any other ways to change the number of rounds a game will top out at? Are there villain or Heroes that burn or flip villain cards?

Yes, there are several Villains that will play extra cards from the Villain deck. Endless Armies of Hydra right off the top of my head. Also, Emma Frost can play cards from the Villain deck. There's also The Leader who plays the top of the Villain deck as an ambush. Those are just a couple of examples from the core.

Then you start adding Masterminds and Villains that will search through the Villain deck to find cards like Strikes to play or Bystanders to capture.

Max turn length isn't always going to represent how many turns you'll actually have to beat the Mastermind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
DrPolygon wrote:
Are there villain that burn or flip villain cards?

Yes. Wolverine (from villains) returns to the deck when he escapes.
Spiderman (from Fear Itself) can take out other stuff from the deck.

Doctor Strange (Mastermind in villains) also manipulates the villain deck and can pull out scheme twists faster.

DrPolygon wrote:
Are there Heroes that burn or flip villain cards?

Emma Frost (base) lets you draw another card from the villain deck.

Punisher can let you fight what's at the top of the villain deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kelly
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah right. I've actually seen a couple of those examples but forgot about them. Thanks. I've not played the villain set yet, so I'm still unfamiliar with those. Good to know. Thanks for the info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay M
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Mastermind Professor X (Noir) keeps putting his cards in the Villain deck upon each Master Strike.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
DrPolygon wrote:
Ah right. I've actually seen a couple of those examples but forgot about them. Thanks. I've not played the villain set yet, so I'm still unfamiliar with those. Good to know. Thanks for the info.

Oh, I think one of the Marauders (Dark City villains) have an ambush effect that checks the top cards of the villain deck and captures any bystanders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Race Bannon wrote:
The Mastermind Professor X (Noir) keeps putting his cards in the Villain deck upon each Master Strike.

I think you're thinking of the Hidden Heart of Darkness scheme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls