Tiny Epic Quest» Forums » Rules

Subject: Quest Confusion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bru Ticus
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played Tiny Epic Quest twice and have some questions.

1. Do quest cards get discarded?

2. If I complete a quest card during the day, can I wait until the night to get the rewards? For example +3 hearts but I don't need any during the day, but I end up needing them at night?

3. What if 2 players qualify for a quest at the same time? Who get's it? Example, would be 2 players trying to complete a temple to get a quest with an item. They complete it at the same time, but only 1 can get it.

4. What if 2 players qualify for a movement quest at the same time? Who gets it? The example is another player completes a quest during the day, a new quest comes out, and 2 different players are already in position to complete the new quest.

5. If a player completes a quest for an item, when exactly do they get that item? When can they move off that card?

6. If I learn a spell level 2 spell, does it do anything to later learn a level 1 spell?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molina
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to check Unoffical FAQ. While "unofficial" each answer has been approved by Gamelyn Games.

But to your questions:

1. I need more info. What do you mean "Discarded"? When? Why would you discard them? If a quest is not completed during the day then a quest is discarded. If you are playing solo 1 gets discarded each night. Both are covered in rules.

2. No. You either reap the instant part of the reward when you complete it or you don't get it. Can't save it up for later.

3. Its based off which player rests first.

4. How can both players qualify for it at the same time? You move one player at a time. The first player goes. If he qualifies its gone. After that you go in a clockwise order. Its not all at once movement.

5. If its daytime they get it now. If its night they get it after they rest. When they can move off it is, if its daytime they can move off it now. If its night after they rest they return to their castle. EDIT: Actually even in day they return to the castle after completing a item quest. Sorry. As far as moving off you can do it at any time in a temple but you'll lose all progress in that temple.

6. There would be zero reason to learn a lower level spell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Korossy
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
bruticus wrote:
a new quest comes out, and 2 different players are already in position to complete the new quest.

Agree with all of the answers above, but one additional point of clarification: a movement quest always requires movement to be completed; simply being in the right configurafion when the quest card is revealed does not satisfy the requirements. A hero would need to be moved out of the way and back again to complete the quest (or move to different spot that also satisfies the requirements).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.