Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Do you trigger a Road Event when going to a scenario in Gloomhaven city? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ravi Bhikhie
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like the topic says.
I'm guessing yes, because you 'travel' to a scenario location, but the flavor text of most cards seems to imply that you are outside the city somewhere.

So what's the correct rule?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fito R
Argentina
flag msg tools
Avatar
You do not. Scenarios IN Gloomhaven are linked to Gloomhaven. You do not draw Road Events for linked scenarios.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Burns
United Kingdom
Hazlemere, High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joou wrote:
You do not. Scenarios IN Gloomhaven are linked to Gloomhaven. You do not draw Road Events for linked scenarios.


Also, most scenaros at sea are linked to Gloomahaven so no road event for those either!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sauro
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that, if you wish to for whatever reason, you can draw Road events for them if you travel from another non-linked scenario without stopping in Gloomhaven first.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
masterzora wrote:
Note that, if you wish to for whatever reason, you can draw Road events for them if you travel from another non-linked scenario without stopping in Gloomhaven first.

I'm not sure that is actually the case. But I also don't think it is going to break the game if you do some extra road events, so play it that way if you want to.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
JayJ79 wrote:
masterzora wrote:
Note that, if you wish to for whatever reason, you can draw Road events for them if you travel from another non-linked scenario without stopping in Gloomhaven first.

I'm not sure that is actually the case. But I also don't think it is going to break the game if you do some extra road events, so play it that way if you want to.


You most definitely draw a road event when traveling between non-linked scenarios.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des T.
Germany
flag msg tools
This user optimizes his gaming experience.
badge
This user might be a mutant in hiding.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you always draw a road event when traveling to a non-linked scenario, you should be able to draw a road event when

a) going to a scenario in Gloomhaven directly after finishing one outside of Gloomhaven.

b) Going to a sea scenario directly after finishing one outside of Gloomhaven.

It's a technicality that is theoretically within the RAW and would probably never actually happen in a campaign.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ravi Bhikhie
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whats RAW?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Neumann
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
'Thematic?'
badge
"Ugh", Hail sighs. "Dispatch these simpletons quickly. I am already bored with them."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules as written :-)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Burns
United Kingdom
Hazlemere, High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As opposed to

RATSBIMO
Spoiler (click to reveal)
rules as they should be in my opinion


RTWHMEORN
Spoiler (click to reveal)
rules that would help me out right now


:p
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
DeS_Tructive wrote:
Since you always draw a road event when traveling to a non-linked scenario, you should be able to draw a road event when

a) going to a scenario in Gloomhaven directly after finishing one outside of Gloomhaven.

b) Going to a sea scenario directly after finishing one outside of Gloomhaven.

It's a technicality that is theoretically within the RAW and would probably never actually happen in a campaign.


I suppose technically you are right, but is there any reason a party would not just take the option to visit GH first, avoiding the road event, and then travel to the scenario linked to GH?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Same reasons people always give: not wanting to level up or not wanting to retire. I don't think either situation comes up all that often.

But I suppose this brings up the other reason: wanting to do a road event.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.