4 Posts

Stuffed Fables» Forums » Rules

Subject: Minion positions after defeating a minion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason McReynolds
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't see this one asked yet, but if you have two (or more) minions in play, and you defeat the minion that is in the 1st slot, do the minions in the other slots then move up, or do they just stay where they are?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N Stephens
msg tools
It doesn't really matter if they move up. The minion track isn't like the initiative track in Mice & Mystics. You don't roll the dice until you have enough threat dice to activate the minions, regardless of the slots they are in.

Let me see if I can explain this better. If there are 4 minions on the board and you defeat the first minion on the track, then that minion's card is removed. Now, however, instead of taking 4 black threat dice to activate the minions, it would instead take 3 black threat dice. In this same example, if, in the draw dice step you had drawn only 3 black threat dice, and there were 4 minions on board, they would not activate. But let's say you defeated that minion. Once you defeat that minion, (and now there are 3 minions left), the minions would activate since you have 3 threat dice on the threat track.

You would then roll a threat die, consult the result on the minion card, and activate that minion accordingly. And then do the same for the other 2 minions. Once all 3 minions had activated, all dice (threat dice and discard pile dice) go back into the dice bag and you start anew with the next players turn.

There are instances in some of the chapters where you roll the threat dice as you draw them, but by and large, you just place the dice on the threat track until you've drawn enough to activate the minions. In which case, it doesn't really matter if you slot the minions up a space on the threat track. You don't roll till you need to.

That seemed really wordy and longwinded and I don't even know if I answered the question adequately, lol,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason McReynolds
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rymlyre wrote:
It doesn't really matter if they move up. The minion track isn't like the initiative track in Mice & Mystics. You don't roll the dice until you have enough threat dice to activate the minions, regardless of the slots they are in.

Let me see if I can explain this better. If there are 4 minions on the board and you defeat the first minion on the track, then that minion's card is removed. Now, however, instead of taking 4 black threat dice to activate the minions, it would instead take 3 black threat dice. In this same example, if, in the draw dice step you had drawn only 3 black threat dice, and there were 4 minions on board, they would not activate. But let's say you defeated that minion. Once you defeat that minion, (and now there are 3 minions left), the minions would activate since you have 3 threat dice on the threat track.

You would then roll a threat die, consult the result on the minion card, and activate that minion accordingly. And then do the same for the other 2 minions. Once all 3 minions had activated, all dice (threat dice and discard pile dice) go back into the dice bag and you start anew with the next players turn.

There are instances in some of the chapters where you roll the threat dice as you draw them, but by and large, you just place the dice on the threat track until you've drawn enough to activate the minions. In which case, it doesn't really matter if you slot the minions up a space on the threat track. You don't roll till you need to.

That seemed really wordy and longwinded and I don't even know if I answered the question adequately, lol,

Thanks! That's basically what I was thinking. With that said, if they don't get moved, what would happen (is it even possible?) if you had another encounter and had to add more minions (and some were still left from the previous encounter)? Would you fill in the holes? This is really the part I was struggling with, since order of activation could be affected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Ford
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmmcreynolds wrote:
Thanks! That's basically what I was thinking. With that said, if they don't get moved, what would happen (is it even possible?) if you had another encounter and had to add more minions (and some were still left from the previous encounter)? Would you fill in the holes? This is really the part I was struggling with, since order of activation could be affected.
Personally, I would move them up. But that's just because I'm used to Mice & Mystics. Like rymlyre said, it doesn't really matter when it is just one activation of minions, but if you do end up adding more minions while they are still out, it seems to make sense that they just showed up to the party, so they go to the end of the line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.