Hide
4 Posts

Destiny Aurora: Renegades» Forums » Rules

Subject: Random rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Payne
msg tools
How are players doing random, for example, randomly placing security drones? I pulled out one of trusty 10 sided dice, but I am curious if anyone else has come up with a consistent idea for placing random appearing units, especially from World Events.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dharmatrails wrote:
How are players doing random, for example, randomly placing security drones? I pulled out one of trusty 10 sided dice, but I am curious if anyone else has come up with a consistent idea for placing random appearing units, especially from World Events.

I use the location cards as per the rules for the tiles and similar to you for the position on the tile.

2 x D10 , one for column the other for row , divide by 2 and round up when there is only 5 squares in a row or column. Refill if blocked or occupied.

Works quite well for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Zanca
msg tools
Let me help with this. As the rulebook states when doing random choosing of locations use the location cards. The Planetary for a random location on the planet and the Orbital one of the random location in space. When you build the board you will be left with only 9 cards for each deck (1 for each of the tiles). Those 9 cards will help you choose the random location. After you choose 1, reshuffle the 9 card deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Zanca
msg tools
These are correct. You are using the remaining Location cards to determine the random location. As far as the exact square they are in, that is less important. Just place them toward the back of the tile.

Here is a full How to Play Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY1_Pl-mRGI

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.