Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Knott
United States
Blacksburg
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still trying to puzzle this out.

Regarding SMOKE as Cover - not for signalling, can a squad be given a general initiative command to pop smoke? Or can they only be deployed by a leader?

Smoke and pyro's and put on the command track, so it seems like they are not available to individual squads. This would suggest to me that only leaders can pop smoke.

But, seems like squads should be able to. So if they can, do you need to put the smoke grenade tokens on the map with the squad you're giving it to?

Where is this all defined in the rules?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Regarding SMOKE as Cover - not for signalling, can a squad be given a general initiative command to pop smoke? Or can they only be deployed by a leader?

If a squad is carrying smoke, it can either be ordered to pop it, or can do so on its own in General Initiative.

Quote:

4.2.1c and 4.3.6c

Best,
Ricky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Knott
United States
Blacksburg
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Preacher wrote:
Quote:

If a squad is carrying smoke, it can either be ordered to pop it, or can do so on its own in General Initiative.

Quote:

4.2.1c and 4.3.6c

Best,
Ricky

So 4.2.1c says to take the pyro or smoke from the command card. Does this means it's available generically to any squad, leader, attached unit in the platoon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it is on the card, it is being carried by the command unit whose box it is found in (if that makes sense). If you want a squad to carry it, put it with the squad on the map.

2.3.2 Distribute Assets
The Campaign Instructions may specify how some assets must be assigned. Apart from that, you will have leeway in assigning assets to Platoon HQs, Company HQ, Company Staff, or other units as you see fit. For HQ and Staff place assets as desired among the appropriate holding boxes on the Command Display for convenience, otherwise stack the asset with the unit that will carry it.

Best,
Ricky
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Knott
United States
Blacksburg
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah thank you. Can you redistribute assets during the course of a scenario?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
See 5.1.6

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Knott
United States
Blacksburg
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I appreciate you helping me track it all down and wrap my head around with without screaming RTFM...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John D.
United States
flag msg tools
Sola Fide.
badge
Remembering the men of the USS Frank E. Evans.
mbmbmbmbmb
Javaslinger wrote:
Thanks. I appreciate you helping me track it all down and wrap my head around with without screaming RTFM...

Do people do that here? If so, I've been fortunate not to have seen it.
In any case (just for future reference), you can actually access the Living Rules via the game's GMT page (http://www.gmtgames.com/p-322-fields-of-fire-2nd-edition.asp...) - it's a lot easier to CTRL+F something than it is to search the physical book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

You are most welcome, Ken.

Best,
Ricky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Logs
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had to google what RTFM meant! I think that's a good sign?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.