Popular Tags: [View All]
Gregory Smith
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,
"The Player's Aid" website and blog just posted up an interview I did with them about Nightfighter Ace. So if you want an insight into the random thoughts bouncing around inside my noggin, you should check it out On a serious note, it does give a lot of details about the game and some of the design process and philosophy.

Greg
Game Designer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ian cowley
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Greg and the crew at the players aid for the interview. It looks really good and I do like the way you have managed to overcome the aircraft endurance issue. You have me wrestling with the thought of ordering a third copy as a gift/birthday present.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Draxon Fly
Australia
Uranquinty
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interview link

awesome, can't wait till it releases (I've already got my pre order).

Would like to see some files (pre-releace rules??), images and such, get some big buzz going for the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Smith
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Dragonfly,

Early release of the rules is a decision above my pay grade, as we used to say but we'll continue to post things when we can. I'm not saying it won't happen when we get closer, but I can't say that it will.

I actually put quite a few details in the blog interview, but I know you guys want as much as possible. As I said, we'll put more up as we can.

Probably next up will be the box top art, so we can have an image for the forum here. I hate seeing that "no image available" placeholder there.

I am excited about the progress we've made lately. Right now the scheduled release is in a couple of months, and I actually think we're going to hit that. The artist, Terry Leeds, has just done an amazing job on the counters and the aircraft and I'm really, really encouraged. He's pretty speedy AND damn good. So like, I'm in heaven right now. LOL.

Cheers,
Greg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Webster
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
If I can't solo it, I don't want it
badge
Beards and boardgames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it me or is this game attracting a disproportionate number of Australia-based players? 😝
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ian cowley
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mmmmmm maybe? We just have an uncanny knack of taking a keen interest in interesting gaming topics and good design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Heath
Australia
Brisbane
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This Aussie is also very interested!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Canning
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent interview Greg. I am really looking forward to getting this on my gaming table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Smith
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Dennis. Although, to be honest, it's easy to sound eloquent when you've had time to spell check your response before sending it in Not to mention time to re-read what you've typed and change the stuff that makes you sound stupid

I'm excited about this one myself. I have a lot of time invested into the research on this one.

Cheers,
Greg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
One more month, one more month!

As I told John, between this and Skies Above the Reich coming out this year, I see no real reason to leave my basement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sgt Loren
France
flag msg tools
mb
Hello

I just discover this game and I just want to say a great Thank you for this interview.
After "Skies above the reich", I will be difficult to resist the temptation to buy it.

Cheers
Laurent

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Smith
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Laurent,
It was my pleasure to do the interview, Grant from the Player's Aid is a real stand-up guy (as we say in American slang

I do hope you get a chance to get the game, I think it's going to be one of my best, if not the best, that I've done. At the very least, it has a lot of interesting historical research in it. I have requested my historical background (which is about 10 pages) to be included in the back of the rule book.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words. It should be done pretty soon, within a month I think.

Cheers,
Greg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Coutts
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds cool! Another interested Aussie!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.