Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Push into Traps rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian French
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Question on pushing an enemy into multiple traps. My Brute has a Push 2 on his action. Standing in front of an enemy with a poison trap directly behind him, and another poison trap in the hex following (all in line of the push).

My question is can I push the enemy into both traps (Push 2) causing double damage?

Thx for anyone's thoughts on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes, if the monster doesn't die on the first trap. But if it is only a poison trap then it doesn't do damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sauro
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bfrench51 wrote:
Question on pushing an enemy into multiple traps. My Brute has a Push 2 on his action. Standing in front of an enemy with a poison trap directly behind him, and another poison trap in the hex following (all in line of the push).

My question is can I push the enemy into both traps (Push 2) causing double damage?
Of course you can. Why wouldn't you be able to?

Assuming they are also damage traps, anyway, since you only said "poison".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Gardner
msg tools
mb
You should be commended on your tactical positioning skills, this is perfectly valid. I think even if the traps were immobilize or stun, getting pushed (involuntary movement) does not make the target stop on a trap. There are some side conditions to remember (don’t know if any of these apply to your situation):

1. If you use Push, the target must be pushed full amount possible.

2. Each hex of push must be further from the last, e.g. no lateral movement.

3. Flying monsters don’t trigger traps when pushed.

4. The scenario may differentiate between “poison” and “poison plus damage” trap. Double poison trap has no additional effect if there is not also a damage component listed (although both triggered traps would be removed).

Could be more considerations, of course!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Delith Malistar
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
mbmbmbmbmb
bfrench51 wrote:

Thx for anyone's thoughts on this.

Hold on. Is it a poison trap or a damage trap? Because there is a difference. Posion traps don't do 'damage' so you can't do 'double damage'. You can poison twice, though the second application means nothing since you can't be 'double poisoned'.

Regardless, you completely conclude each trap before moving to the next hex. So if you Push 2 on a monster to shove them into two traps, then you need to resolve the first trap before pushing them into trap 2. If the monster dies on trap 1, you DO NOT push him to trap 2 as there is technically no body to push.

So if you truly are talking about poison traps, then:
Push into trap 1 - Trap sprung. Monster is poisoned.
Push again into Trap 2 - Trap sprung. Monster is poisoned. (not double poisoned, though).

If they are damage traps, then:
Push into Trap 1 - Trap sprung. Take damage.
If Trap 1 doesn't kill monster, then...
Push into Trap 2 - Trap sprung. Take damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian French
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
It was a poison trap with damage (see Scenario 6). So I played it correctly. Appreciate the response guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.