Taboo» Forums » General

Subject: Dispute about words rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S G
United States
New York
flag msg tools
We play where if you say the word, even unintentionally, you get the point. For example, if the word is "Sun" and you give the clue of "I had a male child and he is my... and your partner replies "son" then you get the point.

With that said, the word being guessed was "Vibrate" and after fair clues provided by his teammate, my buddy said "Vibration." I said that should not count. You do not say the word vibrate when say vibration unless you pronounce it "vi-brate-shun" so I don't understand how I am incorrect in telling him that his guess of vibration doesn't get him a point.

As much help and reasoning as possible would be greatly appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chearns
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Discuss it amongst yourselves, make a decision through consensus, knowing that nothing is on the line, and resolve to adjudicate it that way in the future when y'all play again.

If I were to be playing that game, I'd give the point and make that an official rule in the future when playing with those people. Why? Because either answer is right as far as fun is concerned. The only important part after that is to be consistent.

In my group most of us would say not a point, then the other would say "shorter", and then the guesser would say vibrate. I think there's a valid argument in saying that skipping that "shorter" and second guess doesn't decrease the fun any.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
McLean
Virginia
flag msg tools
chearns wrote:

Because either answer is right as far as fun is concerned.

Agree with this. And everything else chearns posted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.